HoMM 3 - Hero spell abilities - with increased effect, based on hero level compared to the level of the target

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Connor84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM 3 - Hero spell abilities - with increased effect, based on hero level compared to the level of the target

Unread postby Connor84 » 06 May 2019, 01:55

I recently started playing Homm 3 again, with its 2 expansions. I have always wondered what the actual stats are for hero abilities that increase spells or units based on level. I just found a site http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/List_of_heroes that lists the effects for heroes that increase unit stats. This is terrific!

I still would like to know what the formula is for specific spells. Following are a few examples (ie: incomplete list):
(Note: To ease reading, all heroes past Adela I have only noted the spell , since they have the exact same text, with only the spell differing)

Adela - Casts Bless with increased effect, based on hero level compared to the level of the target unit.

Adelaide - Frost Ring

Cuthbert - Weakness

Aislinn - Meteor Shower

Coronius - Slayer

Melodia - Fortune

Uland - Cure

Astral - Hypnotize

Xsi - Stone Skin

Thant - Animate Dead

Jeddite - Resurrection

I can see that Inteus' special - Bloodlust works solely based on the creature level:
1 - 2 : +3
3 - 4 : +2
5 - 6 : +1
7 : +0

Is this the same formula for attack/defense modifiers like Stone Skin, Slayer, Weakness, etc?

If so, I am still unsure about attack spells like Frost Ring or Hypnotize, healing spells like Animate Dead, and miscellaneous spells like Fortune. Could I have some conformation?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: HoMM 3 - Hero spell abilities - with increased effect, based on hero level compared to the level of the target

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 May 2019, 16:47

You might find some information on H3 modding HERE. If you follow the discussion, you'll find Salamandre and Orzie. Orzie is very friendly. You could try sending him a Direct Message asking the questions you need or better directions. Salamandre can be found there and here too. See if he can help you. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”