H3: ban grail on random maps

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Jötunn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H3: ban grail on random maps

Postby Jötunn » Jan 11 2019, 16:33

Is there any mod to do that?

That grail is just an annoying and gamebreaking mechanic. I'm generally doing better than the computer, but the computer wins, because he has the grail. I've failed quite much, but I still win, because the grail was right between my castle and the last obelis I needed.

Also, it encourages you to save-dig-reload-tryagain, because otherwise if you lose, it will be RNG to complain about, not you.

Can't I just have a fair play without the grail? Or, at least, a mod that would make grail always appear on neutral territory.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: H3: ban grail on random maps

Postby Pol » Jan 12 2019, 10:06

As for mod I don't know about any.

You are asking about "random maps" and there's no in game solution. Of course, you can save that map, and edit it in the map editor. If you are really, really curious you can use "Map Editor Unleashed"

Of course, that you don't need it. The simplest fix would be to remove all obelisks, or to place grail manually or you can create grail's towns.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Jötunn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Jötunn » Jan 13 2019, 14:39

hmm, I don'T play WoG and I hate it for its bugs and crashes, so no map editor unleashed for me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Postby Pol » Jan 13 2019, 19:20

The Unleashed Map Editor is SoD and H3C compatible.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjleeagain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby cjleeagain » Jan 17 2019, 8:32

I don't understand the poster's concerns. Most veteran players should feel the same - the grail contributes minimally to victory or defeat if you are an experienced player versus the computer. I can't count the number of times when I have trashed a strangely numerous AI only to find that the AI has a grail structure.

On a human player, the grail makes a significant difference, of course.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”