Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)

Unread postby MadMax » 06 Oct 2018, 13:01

So, we have been given a rare opportunity to pose a number of questions to everyone's favorite composer, Mr. Paul Anthony Romero.
Since we are such good guys :| we would like to invite all of you to take part in this Q and A.

Here you can enjoy one of the tunes that Mr.Romero created for us during the development of our third campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNpBaAqHI8

What questions would you ask to Mr.Romero if you were given the chance (which you now are given)?

"By the power of Zelas!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)

Unread postby Pol » 07 Nov 2018, 15:10

People, people come in. Time is hurrying, questions won't wait forever. What you would like to ask to Paul Anthony Romero? Author and composer of splendid Heroes music and ..also player. :-D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Nov 2018, 17:33

Oh, I didn't see this post before! :shh:

Hmmmm, what to ask ... I'm not sure if they have already asked some of the stuff I'm going to ask, so bear with my ignorance, please. :lol:

1) There's a song in Heroes 4 (Swamp Lands) which have an excerpt present in Witcher 3 (The Fields of Ard Skellige) as well, making me wonder if the melody is from a traditional song. If that's the case, which song would be that? Answered in the other thread.
[/s]2) If there's a specific composer which inspires him or which inspired him when composing songs for MM universe? Specifically HoMM 4, which is, by far, my favorite OST amongst them.
3) If he ever thought of or intends to make available small excerpts of songs from older Heroes games, allowing fans make their own modified compositions for fan projects? Like templates of beats, instruments etc. It would surely help with ambiance. :D This question might not feel very welcome, given the problem with Lawsuit a couple of months ago regarding the pack of songs from "Complete Celt". The question would feel completely awful, but only now I learned about this problem. I wanted to know if he would eventually create something like a Complete Celt from his own original creations, not considering, of course, those from another pack.
4) Which languages are chosen for the opera chants in his compositions?

That's all for now.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 09 Nov 2018, 23:31, edited 2 times in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Nov 2018, 21:31

I would have one on my own.

What image or idea you have when composing Creature Quest themes? And did you try to play it a bit, collecting cute creatures?

Therefore two for now..

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 09 Nov 2018, 10:33

• What do you think about the heavy Irish folk element in Heroes 4's adventure themes? Do they set the right tone/atmosphere for the game?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Nov 2018, 22:46

Panda Tar wrote:Oh, I didn't see this post before! :shh:

Hmmmm, what to ask ... I'm not sure if they have already asked some of the stuff I'm going to ask, so bear with my ignorance, please. :lol:

1) There's a song in Heroes 4 (Swamp Lands) which have an excerpt present in Witcher 3 (The Fields of Ard Skellige) as well, making me wonder if the melody is from a traditional song. If that's the case, which song would be that?

I don't mean to rob you of an answer from Paul Romero, but I do believe there's a tread in the H4 forum that holds the answer to this Q. Just saying or err writing..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Nov 2018, 23:06

Thanks! I suspected someone might have already asked about it somewhere. :D

Here. I didn't remember the thread at all. :ashamed: I even posted there.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 09 Nov 2018, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 22 Nov 2018, 07:27

Is there still a chance for more questions? First-eternal thanks to Mr. Romero for his great music. I have grown up on Homam And MM series and the Music, yes with big M, was the essential part od the experience. What Is the secret behind creating themes for cities, fractions, and so
on? Your songs fit perfectly, how do do it? Is there aby Chance for your performance in Czech republic?
Last edited by Cabal on 22 Nov 2018, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”