Restoration of Erathia campaigns question (Minor Spoilers!)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Restoration of Erathia campaigns question (Minor Spoilers!)

Unread postby Nocturne » 22 Feb 2018, 21:41

Hey all, just got to the final mission in the Dungeon/Inferno-Campaign (Steadwick's Fall) and was mighty disappointed that I have to choose which heroes to take with me, either the ones from Groundbreaking or those from A Devilish Plan. :( I figured the game would take my 8 strongest heroes (that would be 4 from each pretty much) like the description says...

Could someone tell me if this is true for the rest of the campaigns aswell i.e. do you always have to choose between heroes like that? My first time playing HoMM3 so I'd appreciate as few spoilers as possible. :)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Re: Restoration of Erathia campaigns question (Minor Spoilers!)

Unread postby Tress » 23 Feb 2018, 08:06

Yes, you can only chose from one of the mission. Logically that would be from dungeon mission as inferno can be finished way before you can raise heroes to any decent level. Also dungeon in general is nicde to play, but in the end there is no need for 8 heroes. Even 2 decent heroes is more than enough to do last mission, and even 4 would be overkill not to mention 8 , even though its massive difficulty spike compared to any other mission in first campaigns.
As for other campaigns, only fortress/stronghold campaign have this issue, where you first play one then another , then chose, but again it will probably will force you to go fortress way as stronghold mission simply is too short and can be finished by never even leaving castle. All other campaigns have single race and transfer heroes normally without much of a choice(some missions have transferable artifacts though which can unlock way to other more stronger artifacts, but again base game campaigns for most part are extremely easy so there is no need to dwell on that too much).

Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nocturne » 23 Feb 2018, 09:44

Ok, then I guess I'm in a good spot. :) Actually, my Inferno Heroes ended up more powerful since I got 2 weeks of "spawn creature" on the minimap so once I had maxed out one hero, I just transferred army to another. So I have 2 Demoniacs at 12 and 2 warlocks Close to 12, guess that will be enough. :)

Ok I see, thanks for the info!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Feb 2018, 11:12

<a little bit ot.. >

Just today I read about utility allowing you to change effectivity of Efreet Sultan's Fire Shield. It does so by modify the game exe file, so you should backup first. H3 Complete/SoD tested only.

</a little bit ot.. >
Last edited by Pol on 23 Feb 2018, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”