Heroes 3 Questions

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes 3 Questions

Unread postby MeCho » 30 Nov 2017, 10:25

So ive picked up the game yet again im playing the GOG version and the first thing i noticed it about it that the Naga Bank grants sulfur instead of Gems it really turned me down because Medusa Stores already provide Sulfur and i think this change is really unneeded so

What version of the game most play on ?

What version is the best that has the old Naga Stores?
Id really like a version that would limit Town Portal use of once per day per hero

What are the most common rules of competive play?

What is the Most common setup for a 1x1 game?
Im thinking Random Map on Hard size Medium with Dungeon Monster STR:Normal Water:Average

What free software or gaming platform should i use to play with my friends?

Does Horn of the Abyss still have that OP resurecting artifact? is the new Faction balanced and is it a good mod in general?
Last edited by MeCho on 30 Nov 2017, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes 3 Questions

Unread postby Pol » 30 Nov 2017, 17:52

What version of the game most play on ?
The latest one (4.0 Complete), if you play single player you may go with HDmod and SP plugin

Perhaps it can be switched in ERA?

Most used is HDmod+SP_plugin or ERA II. or Horn of the Abyss.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 01 Dec 2017, 09:05

Ive tried HotA i like so far i think im gonna settle with that for now....

What about the 1x1 setup and competitive rules?Also as i remember you cant connect just with H3 without other software what is are some good choices?
Last edited by MeCho on 01 Dec 2017, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Dec 2017, 09:24

MeCho wrote:So ive picked up the game yet again im playing the GOG version and the first thing i noticed it about it that the Naga Bank grants sulfur instead of Gems it really turned me down because Medusa Stores already provide Sulfur
It's a bug of original game, never officially patched. There are some mods which fix Naga bank (so you gen gems instead of sulphur), but any official patches don't fix this issue.
Last edited by Avonu on 01 Dec 2017, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 01 Dec 2017, 09:51

As i said im settled for HotA for now i tested Naga Bank provides Gems as supposed to i still need help with my other questions :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Dec 2017, 21:47

I think that you can use our help for HommIII., or Hamachi - that's if you don't prefer just Hot Seat.

Rules, hmm, you can copy them from the ToH, perhaps?
(Don't remember where they have them though.)

It much depends but you have banned some spells, artifacts and heroes. Often that is Dimension Door, View Air, Town Portal, Fly, Diplomacy, Sir Mullich & all Logistic Experts.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 05 Dec 2017, 19:26

Thx for your reply

ToH rules:"here are no set rules on how to play, as long as both agree to the method of choice." :D

I think ill use my own that i just made if anyone wonders this is what i conjured:

Cant start as Conflux
Cant build the Grail in Conflux
Town Portal once per day per Hero
No Cloak of the Undead King
Cant Retreat or Surrender after using Armageddon
Every first Week of Month that is dividable by 2 Red can only purchase Artifacts at Artifact merchants only on second day
Cannot attack Towns with troops purchased from Town on the 1st day if you are before your opponent
Last edited by MeCho on 05 Dec 2017, 19:41, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”