Heroes III - Empire of The World II strange problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
crimsonbones
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III - Empire of The World II strange problem

Unread postby crimsonbones » 08 Sep 2017, 13:40

Hello, I recently started to play this map. I defeated Titan Master and decided to take Machina castle. But I cannot get there, since that Wolf Rider that spawned with the Month of Wolf Rider is blocking the only way i can get there. I am supposed to land on this only chunk of land and then waterwalk to the castle. I cannot kill him by waterwalking to him nor I can get to him with boat. Is there any way I can finish this map right now?
Last edited by crimsonbones on 08 Sep 2017, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes III - Empire of The World II strange problem

Unread postby Pitsu » 10 Sep 2017, 11:36

Spawns from "month of x monster" are known to potentially ruin certain maps where a narrow landingzone is required for progress and the spawn can appear in a nearby square. If you can continue in any other way, you may try (I do not know the specific map that well), but most likely you need a save from before the month of wolf riders or a total restart for the map in order to continue.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes III - Empire of The World II strange problem

Unread postby Pol » 10 Sep 2017, 18:27

Which just reminded me that with HD mod & SP plugin, that can be prevented. HD mod allows to keep automatically two saves back. SP plugin can remove week of "Plauge" and "Double growth" - with exception of Imps, from Inferno Grail.

HD mod
SP Plugin
Last edited by Pol on 10 Sep 2017, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”