HoMM 3: Spoils of War campaign map "Greed" bugged?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PetrusOctavianus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM 3: Spoils of War campaign map "Greed" bugged?

Unread postby PetrusOctavianus » 24 Aug 2017, 08:27

I'm playing HoMM 3 using the HoMM 3 Complete version from GOG. I play it through the Heroes III HD mod, and I used MMArchive to edit the campaign files so that I could choose difficulty.

Everything had worked well until the third and final map in the Spoils of War campaing - Greed.
As you know you play the Fortress in the first map, and the Stronghold in the second, and on the third one you have to choose one of them to play and the other one is supposed to be your enemy.
Problem is that when I start as Fortress the Stronghold faction starts with no heroes at all, and on turn one recruits one (or more) random lvl 1 hero.
When I start as Stronghold, the Fortress faction starts with at least one hero, but it's just some random lvl 1 hero, not one of the heroes I developed.

This bug (I assume) made the map far too easy, and after I realized early that I was in the lead on "Army Strength" (mostly from starting units from 8 characters and Gnolls and Serpent Flies from recruit sites), I just blitzed (Logistics for rapid movement, and Advanced "View Air" to locate the enemy heroes) through the map in a few turns.

Anyone have similar experience, or some insight?
Last edited by PetrusOctavianus on 24 Aug 2017, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.

PetrusOctavianus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: HoMM 3: Spoils of War campaign map "Greed" bugged?

Unread postby PetrusOctavianus » 27 Aug 2017, 08:53

Oh well, it seems like the Complete version may be slightly bugged: https://www.gog.com/forum/heroes_of_mig ... ard_quests

Too bad you can't use the HD Mod on the original HoMM 3.
Also, save games between orignal HoMM 3 are not compatible with the Complete version, so I can't check if my problem with the Greed map is due to the Complete version being bugged.

And to make matter worse, the _only_ really good single player map - Myth and Legend - is for some reason missing from Complete.
Last edited by PetrusOctavianus on 27 Aug 2017, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Aug 2017, 13:57

Check folders 3do or 3do.enriched to get Myth and Legends or it's allied variant.

I will look for a save but it's been so long time..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Aug 2017, 22:00

No, I don't have them. Have some from AB and that's all.

When I played it years ago, it worked correctly but that most likely was RoE only.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

PetrusOctavianus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PetrusOctavianus » 31 Aug 2017, 01:50

Thanks for your help. The Myths&Legends map is working fine.

Seems there are even more problems with the Complete edition. The "Long Live the King" campaign seems to have the same problem as the "Queen" campaign with quest artifacts not transfering correctly.
Last edited by PetrusOctavianus on 31 Aug 2017, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”