H4 Equilibris - Wards Against Creature Spells

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

H4 Equilibris - Wards Against Creature Spells

Unread postby Steven Aus » 23 Nov 2016, 05:09

Does Chaos Ward in H4 Equilibris protect against the lightning from Thunderbirds and Fire Shield creatures? And does Order Ward protect against Water Elementals Ice Bolt attack? I would suggest yes for all of the above.

I was playing Angels Back (AnBack.h4c) and I essentially got my army wiped out by a big stack of Thunderbirds, even though I had a big stack of Angels. I'm thinking if I cast Chaos Ward on the stacks getting hit that I would halve the Lightning damage each time, making it a lot more manageable.
Last edited by Steven Aus on 23 Nov 2016, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: H4 Equilibris - Wards Against Creature Spells

Unread postby Karmakeld » 23 Nov 2016, 09:43

You could easily test this, by setting it up in the editor, but creature spells should act accordingly to it's magic school, meaning it's should reduce dmg. as you suggest. This should be the case both in Vanilla game and in Equilibris btw.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 23 Nov 2016, 10:28

Do wards prevent spell-casting of those spells in the vanilla game? I thought that Equilibris made some changes with the way wards work, so that they weren't too overpowered.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 23 Nov 2016, 12:51

Vanilla way was not changed in Equilibris. Wards work the same.

If the spell is quantifiable (like lightning bolt) - ward will half it. If it is not - ward will introduce a chance for a spell to fail.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Return to “Heroes I-IV”