Lysander and Waerjack being brothers

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Lysander and Waerjack being brothers

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Aug 2016, 23:14

In this interview HoMM4 writer Terry Ray, was asked about his idea behind Gauldoth, Lysander and Waerjack being brothers, the illegitimate sons of King Nicholas Gryphonheart. It seems clear, when looking at the pictures, that Terry Ray asked the artist George Almond to make the first two have some family resembalance, so his idea could've been used later on.
The last one, is titled 'Waerjak_campaign(keep-available)'.
ImageImageImage
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Lysander and Waerjack being brothers

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Aug 2016, 03:08

Can definitely see the resemblance. I think we would also see the resemblance in Gauldoth if he were facing to the left of the picture.

The second Waerjak portrait looks like he may have taken a bad wound in a campaign we never got to play :(

Lots of story potential!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Lysander and Waerjack being brothers

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 Aug 2016, 08:07

Looking at Gauldoth's eyebrow, cheekbone and lips, I guess you can see some resemblance, but indeed the angle makes it a bit harder.
Yeah, I think He also looks a bit older in the unused one. So one can only guess if Waerjack were to feature in a story taking place years after his first campaign, also with the title in mind.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”