Announcing the H4 Unity project

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Announcing the H4 Unity project

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Apr 2016, 22:03

I could easily see myself in the role of some sort of construction worker; 'Could you move that tree at 37,56 a little more to the left' :D
But as Derrick, replied, it's indeed just an easy overview lists of events and objectives we need on the maps :) I thought it might be a bit easier for each of us, rather than having to scroll through all the dialogues and events to figure out what needs to be present :)
Terry listed some of the adventure objects and landscape design he had envisioned, but I wouldn't dream of telling you where to put what :) Not to worry.
40%? Wow, I'm eager to see some bits of it :)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 13 Apr 2016, 18:05

Taro has right too. We can add things. Correct bad, but completly new story is too much...
I think we can realised this ideas in third our own campaign, completly our.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Apr 2016, 18:31

There isn't any new story. Anyway, lets keep this discussion in group email.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 23 Apr 2016, 22:33

UPDATE:
We've decided to treat the way Genevieve learns about the new magic system, very differently than the H7 campaign, part of that being the way Genevieve actually learns about each new magic school and how she discovers the spells within each school. So rather than just having to visit a number of spell shrines, the islands themselves exhibit the power of each of the magic schools, which is what we're focusing on. We're still working on ideas as to how we express this, but we hope it will create exciting game play, as well as giving the player a feeling of playing out the story.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 May 2016, 11:22

Sounds nice.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 May 2016, 20:51

Thanks you GE :) We still got a lot of work ahead of us, but things are beginning to take shape. Some of the team members have begun the map making of some of the Isles but we're still puzzling our minds, trying to come up with cool ideas as to how we actually implement the ideas mentioned above.
And then we're of course also looking forward to seeing the release of the Every Dog Has His Day script :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Apr 2017, 11:24

I was recently asked if our project is still alive, and yes we haven't stopped working on the project. We've almost 3/4 done with the first map - testing and balancing it. We're still looking for at least 1 more person to help us test and balance Champion difficulty.
We're still polishing the landscape, but I hope to have some more screenshots ready for you shortly.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Sep 2020, 18:55

Well, well, well, it's been a while!

After life has finally moved out of my way a little bit, I've gotten back to this project. Karmakeld is also around as well!

I've finished the writing for the first map "The Isle of Order," and now we're looking for map makers again since I stalled out so badly back then. The outline for this map is mostly complete. The biggest thing still needed is landscaping. Most of the scripting has already been added, and there are sign posts throughout the map to explain what should be at that particular point.

If anyone is interested, it would be a huge help so that I could move on right away to working on the Genevieve portion of the story for the "Isle of Life" and so on.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”