Announcing the H4 Unity project

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Announcing the H4 Unity project

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Apr 2016, 21:29

So we've announced that a group of dedicated fans will make a H4 version of the Unity campaign.
In short, this tread will be used to keep the forum up to date with the teams progress.
If anyone would like to help us out, you can post here, pm me, contact us by e-mail h4-unity@outlook.com or on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1570455336599900/
Last edited by Anonymous on 10 Apr 2016, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Announcing the H4 Unity project

Unread postby Karmakeld » 04 Apr 2016, 11:41

I've been thinking if we should change the name of the campaign, from The Lost Tales of Axeoth - Unity to something else.
The reason, is 1) I wish to distance our version to the H7 version. 2) The Lost Tales of Axeoth being a wordplay by Marzhin, refering to his Legends of the Ancient H5 project. 3) The Lost Tales.. title, also being a reference to the script being a 'lost tale'/un-used script found by the H7 team, I feel it would make sense to scrap the Lost Tales.. part for the H4 version, as we're not returning to or trying to recreate Axeoth. We're already there :) 4) To some degree I find the word Unity somewhat imprecise, as it could mean a lot of things depending on the context in which it's used.

So I've been thinking something along the lines of 'The Theory of Unity Magic' or 'Proving the Theory of Unity Magic'. The word 'Balancing' has also been suggest, as that's also a keyword in the campaign.
In relation to the original script, I can inform you that it's untitled, only refered to as 'No Town', but indeed it seems obvious to use the word 'Unity' as the script states that Genevieve intend to prove her theory of Unity Magic - changing the old Elemeltal system into the new magic system of H4. She also states how all of the magics are needed to keep balance, like Order can't excist without Chaos.

What do you guys and girls think? Should we seperate the H4 title, from the H7 version and what title would you suggest?

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Apr 2016, 14:53

I do like the idea of a new title.

It seems like we should come up with names for the following:
- Unity campaign
- Dogwoggle campaign (if we indeed create an H4 version)
- Expansion name as stated by Baronus, encompassing both the Unity and Every Dog has its Day campaigns
- Project team name

As far as the name of the Unity campaign, I think something simple like The Theory or Unity Magic would work fine, or we could come up with something more abstract, which doesn't actually include the word "Unity" and leave the campaign itself to work the name in there. I haven't yet come up with any ideas yet for a more abstract name as an example.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 04 Apr 2016, 15:18

I repeat in this theme:
We should build next addon to Heroes IV with Unity and Dogle campaigns.
Name of this addon must be like in orginal.
Gatehering Storm.
Winds o war.
Aprroachig Hurricane?

Unity is a Marzhin name. And I think it should be orginal H7 campaign name.
We need new name.
Five tomes of power?
Because it is about it.
Dogle campaign I think ,,Every dog..." it is Terry original?

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Apr 2016, 16:16

I think "Unity" is actually in the scripts written by Terry Ray. I agree, however, that the title of Genevieve's campaign doesn't necessarily have to contain the word Unity. But we do need to put some additional ideas forward if we want to go a different route with the campaign name.

Some additional brainstorming (feel free to expand on anything you like):
- Forces of Balance
- Balance of Unity
- Balance and Unity
- Theory of Magic
- Theory and Magic
- Magical Theory
- Research and Discovery
- A New Way
- A New Path
- Changing the Way

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 04 Apr 2016, 17:31

In Terry text I see:
Campaign name: To be Detrminated.
No Town Campaign.
In Lost Tales of Axeoth I see Unity.
But it is Marzhin title. Lost... etc...
We can named this campaign.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Apr 2016, 17:54

Right, Terry Ray didn't title this campaign. I just mean the word "unity" is actually in the story text written by Terry Ray, so Marzhin didn't just make it up :)

What do you think of some of my (and Karmakeld's) suggestions so far?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 04 Apr 2016, 18:08

Baronus, as I stated to begin with
it seems obvious to use the word 'Unity' as the script states that Genevieve intend to prove her theory of Unity Magic
;) . Indeed in Terry's script the campaign was refered to as No Town/To Be Determined, but the word 'Unity' comes from the script, and is written several times, so if we leave it out, it shouldn't be because Marzhin used it along with his Lost Tales.. title.

Other ideas could be:
- Changing the ways of Magic
- Changing ... (oh, Derrick already added that :) )
- New world, new ...

In the end I think it should be a name that sums up the essense of the story.
About the other story, I'm guessing 'Every Dog Has It's Day' is a line from the script. Didn't someone also mention it being on the original Highscore list? It's only refered to as 'Secret' in the 'secret files' but I guess time will enlighten us, when Marzhin releases the other script as well.
So let's just focus on setting the other names first.
I think we should name the team, in relation to the combined campaign name we come up with, if we decide to also do the other, as we won't just be the 'Unity' team then :).

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 04 Apr 2016, 18:34

We need 5 maps names and 1 campaign name.
All names can be used :-)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 04 Apr 2016, 20:33

I think we should stick with the names of the isles, for each map. I believe they are also listed that way in the script (will checkto be sure), but if they are, we should just decide the campaign name.
Edit: I just got some clear indications that they were indeed meant to be to titled as they are, meaning Marzhin didn't come up with the titles. Read the last couple of posts. http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=42350

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 05 Apr 2016, 05:53

Mapmaker give his creation own name. It is the best solution. Who do it give name...

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 05 Apr 2016, 07:35

(sigh)

You don't know or ignore one important detail :gking2: If you install BASIC Heroes IV without expansions there will be names of two unknonw campaigns. That's right, UNITY and EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY. So these names are official and we shouldn't change them.

I don't understand your tendency to changing everything (names, victory conditions etc.). I think our campaign has to be as close to original as possible. And let's try not to speak about 'making new expansion'. We don't have campaign, we don't have even one single scenario and yet you talk about making new menu, new pictures and God knows what else.

Let's assign maps for team members and let's get to work. There is too much talking for now I'm afraid.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 05 Apr 2016, 08:11

I dont know about it. I have only complete edition. In scripts in no name.
If it is official name all is all right.
But there is no original screens. And if it is possible we must do it.
It is the same like building maps.
Whay you want build non orginal maps?
It is "your tendency to changing everything" :-):-):-)
If no content we do it. If is we not. Thats all.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Apr 2016, 09:58

Yea, no reason to change the name. Making it different would just seed more confusion anyway.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 06 Apr 2016, 11:12

We will indeed keep the campaign names Unity and Every Dog Has It's Day. As Taro confirmed, these names do appear in H4.
EDIT: (just inserted the actual high-score list) Image
But we're still debating whether we should combine the two campaigns, like a H4 version of The Lost Tales.. but under another name, and whether it should be considered an expansion, if that's somehow possible to add. It's also been suggested that they would be better fit as an extend to the original 6 standard campaign rather than a separate expansion. You can find the discussion in the Planning the Unity.. Tread.
Personally I would like to hear what others, non team members, thinks about these ideas.

If the end result (title-s) is causing more confusion, rather than excitement, due to unclear titles, then we would be moving in the wrong direction.
Last edited by Anonymous on 10 Apr 2016, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 06 Apr 2016, 13:19

Has someone basic HIV game with Unity and Every dog... names? Or is it in plics? I cant find word unity in exe file.
Im interesting it.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Apr 2016, 19:32

Hm, well, since those were planned campaigns, bundling both together makes sense. And you'll probably need a name for them for easy reference. Something that makes it clear what they are.

Though you might also eventually want to add LotA campaigns into it too. Whether it would be the same, or a different bundle, is an open question, but it could influence the choice for a name.

For making an "expansion" mod and whatnot, I agree with Taro, this is too early to think about that.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 06 Apr 2016, 19:51

It is expansion. Two new campaign. And it is NOT conversion Ubi Lim maps. If project is must be named. So we have no choice. No named project it is a nonsense. I said who dont want all we give him only two campaigns. He can play it in map folder. No problem. We do all if it is no contra our work and is possible to do fast and easy. If anybody has another big idea he can do it or find people.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 06 Apr 2016, 23:15

@GreatEmerald.

The way I see it, Unity and Every Dog Has It's Day, being two seperate campaigns/stories, only being linked by the fact that they were never released, makes it hard to come up with an easy reference name for them both combined, though that's what we've been discussing in the other tread. As I also suggested, I think perhaps one of the few word that describe both really well, is (previously) unreleased ;) But that's not a very useful title :)
But any suggestion is welcomed.

I'm not sure I see the need to add LotA, other than Marzhin being the author. I guess you would say they are H5 campaigns set in the world of H4, similar to these two H7 ones, and as they were given the seal of approval, being considered official M&M content, that would justify a H4 version of the LotA aswell..? Hmm.. That would be a HUGE project, which I fear might be too much, considering some of the team members also have other HoMM related project going on, beside this. I can only speak for myself, but planning Unity and Every Dog Has It's Day along with a campaign of my own, is more than enough to kill time with..

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 07 Apr 2016, 01:21

LotA wasn't from Terry Ray, so I agree with Michael that there isn't really a need to port those campaigns to H4.

Personally, if we make it through Unity and Every Dog Has Its Day, I'd rather create our own stories in the Enroth / Axeoth universe ;)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”