H2 Aurora Borealis

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
BahamutXero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H2 Aurora Borealis

Unread postby BahamutXero » 18 Mar 2016, 21:52

For the life of me I cannot win this map. No matter how fast or slow I advance from my starting castle Red always seems to find me and have an army that easily slaughters me. I have the game saved right after I started the map and picked the gold award but now I't thinking the Paladins were probably be a better choice, but I'd have to replay the previous match to change it.

Any tips/ideas/methods would be greatly appreciated. While waiting for Heroes VII to be patched up I've been replaying the old games and I'm trying to get to the classic Heroes III again but my stubborn side won't until I finish this campaign. Thanks in advance!
Long live the king of dragons!!

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: H2 Aurora Borealis

Unread postby Baronus » 07 Apr 2016, 06:16

Interesting. I didnt played HII campaigns but I want. If I do it I want write how to win.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: H2 Aurora Borealis

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Apr 2016, 19:05

It is a difficult map indeed.
I would choose the traveller boots as starting bonus. The game generates autosaves after each campaign map, so there should be no need to replay the previous map. Just load POL_4 or POL_5 savegame.

How to do it? First hire a spellcaster. Sorcerer or wizard preferably, give him the artifacts swordmen and pikemen. By the end of first week you should have captured yellow castle. Move north and get dimension door from behind the barrier. You are now more mobile than red player. In fact you do not need to defeat red, but since green is rather strong, it may be easier to defeat red first. It is a cat and mouse play - try to capture towns at day 1 of week (with dimension door you can get 2 towns the same day). Hire creatures and kill his weaker heroes. Continue until you have collected enough troops to take his stronger heroes down.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”