Planning the new 'Unity campaign' for H4

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Would you play it, if the Unity campaign for re-created for H4?

Absolutely, H4 is where it belongs
85%
Maybe, but I do support the idea
15%
Not likely
No votes
I've just played it in H7 and see no need for a H4 version
No votes

Total votes: 13

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: The new 'Unity campaign' for H4

Unread postby Karmakeld » 26 Feb 2016, 14:41

Not a bad idea, but I fear Ubisoft holds any unreleased script, including Unity and A Dogs Day(?), but time will tell, if we can get in contact with him.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 26 Feb 2016, 15:07

We dont want do business but Ubi pay Terry for this. His right is earn money. There is his good will to give us something.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 26 Feb 2016, 17:06

cuc wrote:No need to poke around like that. The game's official files follow the modern paradigm - separation of text and binary data for easier localization. The campaign text are all in their own files.
Hi Cuc, could you explain what you mean by that? I'm not familiar with the .UMAP extension. The map that I downloaded only had a single file. Do you mean that within the .UMAP file is a sort of file structure where one part of it contains all the text for the map? I'll continue to look on google, but if you have more information for me, it would be much appreciated :D

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 01 Mar 2016, 22:45

So, we have the texts, thanks to Erwinner, and are currently putting together a team and coming up with a plan for an approach to this campaign.

I went through a "let's play" of the first map, "The Isle of Order," and was a bit confused by what I saw since I had read the text first. The actual gameplay didn't seem to match the narration at all, so, at least for the first map, I don't anticipate the H4 version being very comparable to the H7 version.

I also wonder if the placed event / quest texts were written by Terry Ray. They don't make a lot of sense to me and seem out of place. Seems like there is a LOT of room for improvement just from the first map.. I'll have to look at a play through of the rest of the maps..

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Mar 2016, 23:44

Indeed it seems odd the texts goes from Pherlon's perspective or dialogue between him and Genevieve to first person perspective, where 'you suddenly feel'.. Could've been an easy solution for not having to write two text's depending on which hero visits the quest, but in the last map the quests are clearly only for Genevieve, so.. Well hopefully Marzhin will find the time to answer if those have been indeed been added.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 02 Mar 2016, 06:53

We dont know who wrote dialogs. It looks like Ubi Lim work. Probably Marzhin. We can wrote new. The better thing is get original Terry text.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Mar 2016, 07:00

The "UMNarration" texts are certainly Terry's writings. It's the texts that are specific to the map objectives and events that are suspect to me. I could be wrong, but they do feel different.

I would definitely like to see the original script, but I think that is unlikely to happen :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Mar 2016, 07:51

Yes, I would play it. For the sake of Good Old Times now.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Mar 2016, 08:12

We' would still like to hear from people who wish to participate in this project. Wheter you can help with landscaping, scripting, know how to mod, can do new art design or if you're simply just awsome at playing H4 and wish to share your visions/knowledge of how to make this a great campaign.
Our top priorities right now, is of course to set the objectives and plan out the indivual maps. New content isn't a priority at the moment, but I think alot of us would love to see new campaign pictures for example.
So even if you can only offer to help with a few specific tasks, don't hesitate to post or pm.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 02 Mar 2016, 15:10

So I think that narration is original but dialogs we should write. I think that 5 groups for each map will be faster. There are some followers.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Apr 2016, 23:45

So we've just announced it. We've might as well just pick up this tread for any further discussion about the H4 Unity Campaign.

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 03 Apr 2016, 05:02

Agreed, document discussion is pretty uncomfortable. Hope we'll do some landscaping soon.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 03 Apr 2016, 05:19

Taro, what would you need to begin landscaping? Do you want to do your own level design? Or would you like us to provide you with a high level design with "hot spots" and other important locations for you to landscape around?

I think at the very least, you can start creating the island itself (or just the part of the island you want to show for the map).

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 03 Apr 2016, 06:25

Well, I think we should assign scenarios to mapmakers. It will be bad if five designers will work on the same map (at least from the start). I feel final "death scenario" suits me fine. It's big so I can carry this burden :D

And something tells me Karmakeld should make "order scenario". Hard to explain why I feel like this.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 03 Apr 2016, 06:39

Taro wrote:Well, I think we should assign scenarios to mapmakers. It will be bad if five designers will work on the same map (at least from the start)
Absolutely :)
Taro wrote:I feel final "death scenario" suits me fine. It's big so I can carry this burden :D
Haha then I guess it's yours! Do you need anything from us to create the island outline? Michael and I can focus on map objectives and anything else you need to go further. Just let us know what you need.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 03 Apr 2016, 07:24

I see that there are Terry Ray dialogs AND LANDSCAPE OBJECTS descriptions. Big thanks for Marzhin:-) So mapmakers must read it with precision. Maybe do pen drafts of maps first?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Apr 2016, 08:32

Some of these discussions, seem like they would be most suited as an internal discussion, also given we have members from another community :)
I agree with Taro, that maps should be assigned, I guess there's just been other stuff to deal with, but I'll look into that. Taro will certainly get the task of the Isle of Death. Isle of Order he he, well I take it you either consider me an Orderly person, or it might be coz of my other campaign. Anyway I did indeed feel like taking on the Isle of Mayhem. But we'll sort it out.
I'm still going through the script, adding all of Terry's notes and descriptions. I know Derrick has been compiling some of these info in specific Map overviews, so these should soon follow, at least we should be close enough with the overlays; descriptions and objectives to start landscaping. Drafts of Isles is not a bad idea. Whether it's drawn or a copy of the minimap with vital points pinned out, will be up to each member. But indeed all map info, should be placed on the map, by the mapmaker in some way, making it easy for others to locate.
But I'll e-mail you all further notices, later.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Apr 2016, 08:38

Oh, and by using this tread for further discussion, I did mean public/community discussions ;) We should all have each others mails :) I'm not sure if all of our discussions are interesting for the general community :)
Otherwise we should set up a separate public tread for the project, and keep this for internal use, if you prefer this? Though we'd still be missing any non-CH member(s).

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 03 Apr 2016, 09:52

If players hears we doing something there is a lot of volunteers to help. Peoples must seeing we are working and project is not dead...

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 03 Apr 2016, 11:02

I think objectives are well described in our "secret document". All I need to have is an island shape. And there is a contradiction about a size - in one part the say it shoud be M size, in another it should be L size. Any suggestions?

I have some ideas on general gameplay in this scenario and I created two enemey wizards (with skills, artifacts, spells and bonuses so I know how the final battle will look like :D). But any ideas are welcome to considaration.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”