Heroes 3 Map Deserts and Tunnels

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes 3 Map Deserts and Tunnels

Unread postby MeCho » 19 Feb 2016, 16:58

This is my second map this time a bit smaller a medium one so whats it like?Here you are in a land of scarcity with all the mines and resources guarded by Cyclops or Cyclops Kings BUT there are rumors of abandoned mines that could prove useful in the dungeon however they are overrun with Troglodytes where do so many come from anyway?thats for you to find out oh and of course you might want to know you can recruit Fearie,Crystal,Azure and there are even 5 yes 5! Rust dragon dwellings and even if there is all components for Cornucopia,Titans Thunder, and even the almighty Angelic Alliance the game is likely to end before anyone gets even a single part..but Statue of Legion parts are easy to comeby but not the whole thing

Fortress and Stronghold are disabled for the purposes of balance
Navigation is disabled as this is a waterless map

You can download the map here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cpghd4e201vk ... s.rar?dl=0

Feel free to share your honest opinion,give constructive feedback and even rate :)

Here are some no spoiler images if you want more info:

Center East Side:

Center West Side:

Center Midle:

Last edited by MeCho on 03 Mar 2016, 13:02, edited 3 times in total.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Heroes 3 Map Deserts and Tunnels

Unread postby Baronus » 19 Feb 2016, 19:34

Thanks. Downloaded. Looks nice.

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 19 Feb 2016, 23:19

Let me know if you would be willing to be this maps tester :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 25 Feb 2016, 13:34

Looks cool, as a fellow mapmaker, I will be sure to check it out as I get home and give you some feedback!
It seems like you have done a good job nailing that "desert feel". I also like how you play with the visions of heights in the images shown on here.
Keep on going! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 25 Feb 2016, 19:10

I will be waiting ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 25 Feb 2016, 22:25

I do enjoy the way some map makers get so creative with the tools that are given to give something else than the ordinary "Heroes look", and I think you do so with the mountains and rocks!
Is this a multiplayer map by the way? I haven't done any myself, but at a quick glance, I would say that if balancing etc is right, this could have some replay value!
I didn't like the big space of nothing at all, why it does add to the feel of being in a desert, I may feel it COULD be a bit dull to explore. That could be weighed up with running around those maze like cyclops protected passages though!
Seems to me that the way the map is built can also lead to some good tactical battles and that you really need to think twice before moving! ;)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 26 Feb 2016, 10:29

Yes this is a multiplayer map and yes i think it is balanced and you can play the map on 4 player FFA or 2x2 allies you should give it a try preferrably with a friend against a couple of friends and then tell me what you think ohh and i have made another map its here in forum BurNIng Desire its called you have commented on its screenshots 3 years ago and now its made and you can play it or atleast look it up in map editor and tell me what you think also i am most curious about what you think about the islands in the player starting position thats when i was the most hyped and tried my best for it to look great and be balanced and yeah i still think that atleast in map editor they look pretty great

EDIT:Yeah its a bit loose AT FEW PLACES but if you want tight experience BurNIng Desire starting first month exp is just for you

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 26 Feb 2016, 11:48

Just so you know, it makes things a lot more readable if you make shorter sentences. :) Thanks for the map. :)
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 26 Feb 2016, 11:55

Your welcome.Dont forget to give feedback once you play it :)

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 26 Feb 2016, 21:40

Well, I don't play as much as I used to. I'll let you know if I do play your map. :) Btw: At the end of sentences it helps to have a space for readability. :)
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”