Is the Armorer Glitch in HommIII addressed in the HD mod and if not why not?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Is the Armorer Glitch in HommIII addressed in the HD mod and if not why not?

Unread postby Graff » 09 Jan 2016, 06:39

Decided to do a playthrough of this game and while looking up the armorer skill I discovered that there's a glitch making arrow towers do extra damage. It appears to me that there is fix for this but no legit patch as all I could find were a few posts saying to edit a couple hex values. I have no idea how to do something like that though. Why isn't there a legit patch for this and why is it not part of the HD mod?

I've tried to follow this post: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=35609 but I can only search for the actual code. So if someone knows how to get addresses I can search for that and use them (Ex: I found the address by searching for 00DC and then checking that it matched the address, I can't do this for the other addresses because I don't know what their code looks like.)

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Is the Armorer Glitch in HommIII addressed in the HD mod and if not why not?

Unread postby Baronus » 09 Jan 2016, 08:49

Hex adresses
1E3A4 7D --> 4D
1E4E0 7D --> 4D
65944 7D --> 4D

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/7/11916

If there arent, you must find values (no adreses):
dc7df8
dc7df8
dc7dd4
7d-->4d
Probably in all versions.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Is the Armorer Glitch in HommIII addressed in the HD mod and if not why not?

Unread postby Graff » 11 Jan 2016, 16:24

Thank you for looking up the values for me Baronus! I believe I was successfully able to change the code.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”