H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 04 Dec 2015, 21:12

Coming Soon :D
You can download the map here if you want to play test it or see-it on the campaing-editor! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndle9 ... andeur.rar

The English version is not 100% done yet, but the whole 1rst part of the main story line is, so you shouldn't have any problems.

You can PM me your suggestions or just post them here, I'm really interested in your opinion!

Also, most important info has been translated to English (and posted on the QuestLogs) But im not sure if the map has to bee 100% in English, its pretty story/lore heavy, but its for flavor for the most part, and its not needed to complete the campaign)
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Dec 2015, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Dec 2015, 22:30

Dr.Marsupio wrote:Coming Soon :D
(I'm new on CelestialHeaven and im having trouble finding the "submitMap" url, could you please give me a hand? Thanks!)
Hi there. :)

We love mapmakers here on CH, so I'm glad you're interested in submitting your creation. We're not quite ready to publish it yet, though. We have just re-built our site with a new updated forum and lots of other stuff, so the map submission and database features are not ready yet. We can put them on the server, but the "find maps here" pages are not active.

If you want to submit a map right away, you can send them to maps(a)celestialheavens.com, and I will keep it until we are ready to publish maps again. :)

As for the language issue: we are predominately an English-speaking website (although a few maps have been translated into German), but there are many mapmakers here who are not native English speakers. The better the language, the better, of course.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 06 Dec 2015, 19:25

Kalah wrote:We're not quite ready to publish it yet, though. We have just re-built our site with a new updated forum and lots of other stuff, so the map submission and database features are not ready yet. We can put them on the server, but the "find maps here" pages are not active.
That's alright, there's still a fair amount of balancing to do, I was just hoping to see if there where people willing to help me test the map, as the author you have a pretty biased perspective of the difficulty because you've done every battle hundreds of times :P

Although the physical part was already done, I just coudnt resist adding a cozy pirate reef yesterday (final version!), there's something really zen like in crafting new areas.
Also, here is the Gif version of the rest of the area if you wanna see how it looks in-game :)

http://gph.is/1PQQZ8s

Last edited by Anonymous on 07 Dec 2015, 19:18, edited 3 times in total.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2015, 13:03

Looks cool!
And also, welcome to the community.
I am not myself a player of HoMM4 (3 is my number!).
But from what I see, you get a lot of detail into the maps and have a good eye for aesthetics and detail.
How far into the map have you come? What version is it?
What language is the map? What is the story?
"By the power of Zelas!"

Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 07 Dec 2015, 19:03

HeroOfPunk wrote:Looks cool!
And also, welcome to the community.
I am not myself a player of HoMM4 (3 is my number!).
But from what I see, you get a lot of detail into the maps and have a good eye for aesthetics and detail.
How far into the map have you come? What version is it?
What language is the map? What is the story?
The map is like 98% done, its just needs a healthy amount of play-testing to make sure everything is balanced appropriately. Its intended for Equilibris latest version (3.51) you'll need to download the updated map editor to be able to open it.

Enter Master Ipaho, a renowned archmage that travels into the far lands to assist the neighbor counties, also, your mentor. One morning his servant tells you he has gone missing, and to solve the misery of his disappearance, he bestows onto you the garments of Wizardry. This part of the story takes place in an RPG-like isolated environment that ends up opening up to be part of the playing field in your fight against the Tyrannical Confederation of Unsseria Duo. (Conquest against 5 AIs). Along your way you rescue from certain doom a couple of misfit-heroes that join you in your travels, they have a lot of input in the quests and you can later find a couple of the early-game story-characters as very poweful recruitable heroes, scattered in prisons around the world.

The bulk of the story is written in spanish, I could translate it but it will take ridiculous amounts of time, as some quest huts function like "choose your own adventure" mini books than have 14 to 16 different result depending on your choices.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2015, 19:17

Dr.Marsupio wrote:
The map is like 98% done, its just needs a healthy amount of play-testing to make sure everything is balanced appropriately. Its intended for Equilibris latest version (3.51) you'll need to download the updated map editor to be able to open it.

Enter Master Ipaho, a renowned archmage that travels into the far lands to assist the neighbor counties, also, your mentor. One morning his servant tells you he has gone missing, and to solve the misery of his disappearance, he bestows onto you the garments of Wizardry. This part of the story takes place in an RPG-like isolated environment that ends up opening up to be part of the playing field in your fight against the Tyrannical Confederation of Unsseria Duo. (Conquest against 5 AIs). Along your way you rescue from certain doom a couple of misfit-heroes that join you in your travels, they have a lot of input in the quests and you can later find a couple of the early-game story-characters as very poweful recruitable heroes, scattered in prisons around the world.

The bulk of the story is written in spanish, I could translate it but it will take ridiculous amounts of time, as some quest huts function like "choose your own adventure" mini books than have 14 to 16 different result depending on your choices.

Ahh, spanish! I live in Spain nowadays, but unfortunately, I know no spanish, I would love to be able to read through the story though!
It does sound like you have a great deal of potential and also a lot of creativity. I would love to play the campaign some day, or atleast take a look in the editor! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 07 Dec 2015, 21:18

The saga continues :nervous:

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 07 Dec 2015, 22:18

Looks gorgeous ! Not my style but I am very impressed! :hail:

About translating - maybe File->Export Text will help? I used to do translation using it.

Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 07 Dec 2015, 23:47

Duzeom_ wrote: About translating - maybe File->Export Text will help? I used to do translation using it.
I've completely forgotten about this button! Nevertheless, the .txt file it created has a size of 298Kb, ok im sorry this is way to go through manually, I've tested google translate and it does a somewhat decent job, but you still need to go over every bit of it to make sure its not horrible. Its so much work :nervous: I don't even know where 80% of this stuff goes, I made this map over a period of 7 years, namely when my internet went down or the stress on the bandwidth was to much to watch streams :nervous:

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 08 Dec 2015, 08:36

Dr.Marsupio wrote:
Duzeom_ wrote: About translating - maybe File->Export Text will help? I used to do translation using it.
I've completely forgotten about this button! Nevertheless, the .txt file it created has a size of 298Kb, ok im sorry this is way to go through manually, I've tested google translate and it does a somewhat decent job, but you still need to go over every bit of it to make sure its not horrible. Its so much work :nervous: I don't even know where 80% of this stuff goes, I made this map over a period of 7 years, namely when my internet went down or the stress on the bandwidth was to much to watch streams :nervous:
I think it will be better for you to release it in English due to the audience being so much bigger.. That way all the hard work will pay off even more!
Even if it is a full month of work, it should be work it!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 13 Dec 2015, 17:59

Nevertheless it is still better option than click every hut in the map and every hero, every event etc... you have everything in one place, but be sure not to destroy the pattern in this file because you will not be able to import it to your map.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Dec 2015, 19:59

Was gonna recommand export, but duzeom beat me to it :) I use the same method to translate my campaign, which was originally in Danish. But I second HeroOfPunk, it would reach more potential if translated, just put minor parts into google translate, and it can be a decent help. Somewhat understandable is still better than only half of the story being understandable. You could translate while others test? And btw. Thumbs up for the work.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Dr.Marsupio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dr.Marsupio » 15 Dec 2015, 00:21

Yes! I was doing a lot of play testing, I ended up cutting out a lot of unnecessary combat that really detracted from the experience.
You can download the map here if you want to play test it or see-it on the campaing-editor! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndle9 ... andeur.rar

The english version is not 100% done yet, but the whole 1rst part of the main story line is, so you shouldn't have any problems.
(there's two instances of characters with really weird manners of speaking, witch I have 0 idea on how to properly translate :P)

You can PM me your suggestions or just post them here, im really interested in what others thing about the difficulty lvl (is it to hard or to easy?).

Return to “Heroes I-IV”