fheroes2 stream

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

fheroes2 stream

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Oct 2015, 11:45

I'll be streaming fheroes2 this Saturday at 15:00 UTC (details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_700wXxkSdM ). However, I'm missing a good map to use for the occasion. The HoMM2 maps on CH are simply links with hardly any metadata, and I don't want to comb through all of them in order to find one that fits (TSW, allied, with an option to choose Necromancer town). Anyone have any recommendations for that?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: fheroes2 stream

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Oct 2015, 10:24

I just found out that fheroes2 in fact does read PoL maps, as long as their filenames are set to .MP2, but the PoL map structures aren't there, they just don't appear on the map (but right-clicking shows their identifiers). As such, now I can use the stock PoL maps for this, but of course any more map suggestions are welcome.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Oct 2015, 15:34

You are going to stream fheroes2? What's fheroes?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Bersaglio
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bersaglio » 29 Oct 2015, 17:15

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 04 Nov 2015, 13:56

Actually, as far as I know fheroes2 does read .mx2 maps - I have not had to rename any when loading them. You have the heroes2x.agg and the required files for PoL don't you? AFAIK fheroes2 can work either with or without PoL.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Nov 2015, 20:15

I figured it out myself, yes. I didn't have that file copied previously.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”