H2-3: Lord Haart

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H2-3: Lord Haart

Unread postby Paviel » 01 Oct 2015, 16:21

At what point did Lord Haart join the necromancers?

In Heroes 2, near the end of Roland's campaign, Lord Haart was part of the attack on the lords nearest Castle Ironfist, including General Corlagon. When Roland was preparing to attack Archibald himself, he said "My brother refuses to surrender in the face of your army, and instead sends his undead armies to continue their war against his own people. I must redirect the forces you so cleverly led to victory against General Corlagon to the defense of the people. I have decided to put Lord Haart in charge of the defense..."

So Lord Haart had been responsible for defending the Enrothian commoners against Archibald's undead forces; was he already in league with the necromancers then? Did his battles against the undead convince him to join the necromancers? Was he truly loyal to Roland (and later to King Gryphonheart) until he met Sandro a few years after Roland's coronation?

Taro
Scout
Scout

Re: H2-3: Lord Haart

Unread postby Taro » 01 Oct 2015, 20:54

He poisoned king Gryphinheart, then was killed by his undead form and AFTER that the necromancers ressurected him. Who and why we don't know. Nothing to talk about Enroth storyline.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 09 Oct 2015, 05:16

You were asked the reason why he helped the Necromancers prior to poisoning King Gryphonheart. Don't misinform people.

The reasons for Haart's affiliation towards the Enrothian Necromancers are generally unknown and are not covered in any way until the events of Heroes 3. It can be a some kind of retcon, but it fits the storyline fine. We can simply imagine that Haart was secretly seeking power in dark magic being able to experiment on his subjects (he had a lot of estates since the 1st Enrothian war as we know) - some kind of hobby.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 09 Oct 2015, 16:36

there's no answer to this unfortunately, Lord Haart's motivations are very vague lol

though I think Adrienne's campaign says something about him being a brave knight and a great man before he fell to evil, and not being able to decide whether he was a hero or a villain, lol

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Oct 2015, 22:10

And then there's the question if he's related to Hart, the town in MM: Swords of XEEN ;)

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 12 Oct 2015, 07:14

Well, as we know nothing except the Terrans from MM3 and Morglin Ironfist+Lord Kilburn from MM1 is related to Enroth. NWC just put everything as tributes/fun references.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”