Wayfarer walkthrough

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
veemk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wayfarer walkthrough

Unread postby veemk » 30 Sep 2015, 23:15

Hello All,

I know we have this topic: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/7/11546?start=40

but all images are pretty much gone. I would like to ask if someone still has a complete walkthrough of this map. Thank you in advance.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Wayfarer walkthrough

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Oct 2015, 16:58

If you're not a fantastically good player, may I suggest easier maps?

I'm played this part way through before. Very tough. And one big problem is that mapmaker didn't really control the probabilities to make the battles more balanced. You don't get spirit of oppression or hourglass of the evilhour when you most need them, so some battles really turn on your opponent not getting too many luck bonuses, or even one morale bonus. Too many battles you have to replay if luck or morale triggers for your enemy.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 09 Oct 2015, 19:16

Well, is chinese map. That doesn't mean is bad, for me is genius map, but it has the same pattern as most of top chinese maps. You start with ridiculously small force, get 1 enchanter, then spend the next 2 months to reload 50 times every battle until your pesky enchanter casts slow twice in a row. Then you get intelligence expert and you spend 10 months to get badly spanked by AI while you just cast elementals after losing all army in an eye blink. Once AI finished his mana, you start to play the battle and obviously win, because mapmaker makes it sure that you have twice the mana, and 1/100 of AI army.

So now you have the walkthrough, hehe.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Oct 2015, 20:19

@veemk
Original screenshots are lost. But there's still lotsa of help.

Or perhaps, benbird will awake, as a last resort..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

veemk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby veemk » 10 Oct 2015, 04:43

Thank you everyone :) I've been doing 'research' on google/youtube.... http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39793 This one is pretty good.

@Pol Appreciated the link. Thanks again!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”