The Map of Axeoth by Marzhin

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 Jun 2006, 14:52

Perhaps the kingdoms like Channon, Orilios and other kingdoms from WoW where created before reckoning. One of heroes had a biography where he propheted the reckoning. Those who listened to him may have escaped to axeoth many years ago.
But they may also be the refugess I guess.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Jun 2006, 15:01

Another thing coming from MM9 manual : Axeoth elves have names such as *Name* A'*Name of the clan* a'*name of the sil* (the sil is the family). So an Axeoth elve can be recognized because he has a name like Jarod A'Dorad, or, for those who are proud member of a particular family, something like Jarod A'Dorad a'falan (for instance) So this elf name is Jarod, member of the A'Dorad clan and the a'falan family.

There were fourteen clans before the Cataclysm, one of them, the A'Rikdun clan, apparently disappeared entirely when the Eye of the Storm struck the Empire.

The clans mentionned in MM9 are :

A'Tryht
A'Lanth (known sils : a'ryshar)
A'Norta (known sils : a'thrakan, a'leipshi, a'meish)
A'Velsi
A'Mor
A'Dorad
A'Washadi
A'Klindor
A'Ghrie
A'Lyrae
A'Feslo
A'Rikdun (disappeared)

So 12 clans so far. There's two more that I don't know. Maybe Arbor'al is the name of a clan (that would be A'Arbor'al or maybe A'Rbor'al ?) You may wonder why Erutan Revol doesn't have an Axeoth name, but, well, his name is just a silly joke, as most of Winds of War names are :devious:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 Jun 2006, 16:16

And perhaps he is an hipi-maniac who likes nature so much that he calls himself naturE loveR.

BTW, hows Mongos country called?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Jun 2006, 08:19

Sauron wrote:And perhaps he is an hipi-maniac who likes nature so much that he calls himself naturE loveR.

Dunno. It's a "mighty northern kingdom, other side of the sea" or something like that. On my map, it's just that big unnamed island north of Rysh.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 02 Jun 2006, 12:32

Marzhin wrote:
Sauron wrote:And perhaps he is an hipi-maniac who likes nature so much that he calls himself naturE loveR.

Dunno. It's a "mighty northern kingdom, other side of the sea" or something like that. On my map, it's just that big unnamed island north of Rysh.
Ok. Then I call it: Mongalos!
Or just Barbarosa (because of word barbarian).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 12:35

Sauron wrote: Or just Barbarosa (because of word barbarian).
What does a red beard have to do with barbarians?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 02 Jun 2006, 19:41

ThunderTitan wrote:
Red beard?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 02 Jun 2006, 20:24

Barba + rossa = red beard ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 20:33

Sauron wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
Red beard?
Don't they teach you history where ur from anymore?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Aug 2006, 20:51

Marzhin wrote:TAA-DAA ! Finished !

Well, You have to correct this map.
Arturchix posted in this topic:
Rysh (the continent Chedian, Mendossus, and Framon is on) is almost directly opposite the continent H4 took place on

And if I remember right, there is some land far by south (hundreds of miles) with mysterious tower/spire (I don't remember exactly) and 400 miles by south from Verhoffin's Ruins was ancient elven city At'rann (now on buttom of Verhoffin's Sea).

Sorry if I repeat something what was said but it's late here.

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 27 Aug 2006, 14:58

Map is pretty nice, but i have question(s) :)

What are (knows) major, kapital cities of these coutries?

Palaedra - Paledon
Great Arcans - Arcania
Nekross - Nekorrum
Aranorn - ???
Channon - Rylos
Orrlios - ?
other countries?

ps - are there any more official expansions to H4 unincluding TGS and WoW ? (or other sources where can i find info about Axeoth world?)

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 27 Aug 2006, 15:28

There is also M&M:IX and thats all.

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 30 Aug 2006, 18:17

ahhh! i see terrible mistake
Having laid claim to the Ice Scales, Kozuss sets sail with a small fleet of ships toward the heart of the kingdom that surrounds the Merlion Sea. The final artifact of his quest, the Necklace of Balance, is in the possession of the kingdom's most powerful magician, a Shadow Mage named Suldrin. Kozuss will need to tap all his skills if he hopes to fdefeat this enemy and return victorious to his companions at Devonshire.
on your map Merlion is just a peninsula :|

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 31 Aug 2006, 09:29

Avonu wrote:Well, You have to correct this map.
Arturchix posted in this topic:
Rysh (the continent Chedian, Mendossus, and Framon is on) is almost directly opposite the continent H4 took place on

And if I remember right, there is some land far by south (hundreds of miles) with mysterious tower/spire (I don't remember exactly) and 400 miles by south from Verhoffin's Ruins was ancient elven city At'rann (now on buttom of Verhoffin's Sea).

Sorry if I repeat something what was said but it's late here.
That seemed opposite enough to me ;)

Yeah, well as you said At'rann is at the bottom of Verhoffin Sea. I included a small group of island where I believed At'rann was. I purposedly drew Axeoth's northern hemisphere only, so there's plenty rooms left for mysterious places...
Lunar wrote:on your map Merlion is just a peninsula confused
Err... yes, you got me there. I tried to keep consistancy (is that a real word ?) between the maps we can see in the intro movies of TGS and the adventures of the heroes, but there may have some glitches. Actually you can consider the Sea of Merlion is this small area :

Not very impressive, heh :D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Aug 2006, 18:34

Marzhin wrote:

But isn't Channon part of Heroes 4? And shouldn't it be on other side of planet then Chedian?

And one more thing - if I remember correctly, Nekross has borders with Great Arcan on west (like on your map) and borders with Palaedra on east.
In one map of half-dumb's ;) campaign (well, he has half of his brain dead :D ) a knight from Palaedra attack Nekross from east.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Sep 2006, 09:47

Avonu wrote:

But isn't Channon part of Heroes 4? And shouldn't it be on other side of planet then Chedian?
When I think Heroes IV I think "Heroes 4 Genesis". Winds of War takes place on another cointinent : (from the announcement of the extension on IGN : "Winds of War contains 40 maps on which players will beseige the Kingdom of Channon located on Axeoth's northern continent.") I only assumed this was the same continent as the one where Chedian is located, it seemed logical to me (I explained why some pages before.)
Avonu wrote:And one more thing - if I remember correctly, Nekross has borders with Great Arcan on west (like on your map) and borders with Palaedra on east.
In one map of half-dumb's ;) campaign (well, he has half of his brain dead :D ) a knight from Palaedra attack Nekross from east.
Okay, on my map Nekross has a south-east border with Palaedra. Maybe this knight took a boat ? :D

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 01 Sep 2006, 19:51

Avonu wrote:
Marzhin wrote:

And one more thing - if I remember correctly, Nekross has borders with Great Arcan on west (like on your map) and borders with Palaedra on east.
Not Palaedra itself, but alone Crusader, who atended to kill every evil in evil realm. errr... i don't remember any event what says that, the Palaedra is on the east...

I see Darashan is the place where we can find Hand of Light forces. But where are Death Head Cult forces? Beyond mountains?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 04 Sep 2006, 08:07

Lunar wrote:I see Darashan is the place where we can find Hand of Light forces. But where are Death Head Cult forces? Beyond mountains?

Their land isn't named, so I assumed there were in the country of Darashann too, but somewhere else.

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 07 Sep 2006, 17:21

well... is it important conflict side? Death Head cult's masters are killed by Alita Eventide. Their regular forces are still "alive" :] Hand of Light is totaly kicked out, so we can take that the Darashan is realm for Death Head Cult which now doesn't have any opposide forces in near area.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 15 Sep 2006, 18:26

I really need to work out first exactly what all those towns are, by playing the campaign, and then I will add to it by drawing the boundries of kingdoms and illustrating events like invasion routes, plus kingdoms that didn't survive, like New Bracada.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Return to “Heroes I-IV”