Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 29 May 2015, 15:13

GreatEmerald wrote:
Karmakeld wrote:If a menu/settings like Salamandre's Can Be done, I ser no reason not to please the crowd. But obviously it's two different discussions, so why keep mixing Them up?
Exactly.
You do realize that you're the one mixing them up, right? This thread is about ideas to tweak the AI / make things more difficult / interesting. I just threw an idea out to the thread, which is what it's about, and you decided that rather than continue the discussion, you would attack the idea instead.

I wasn't asking for someone to create scripts for this (I can easily do it myself), it's just another way to look at the aspect of AI + artifacts and making the game tunable to difficulty.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2015, 16:07

The topic is for scripts (preferably) and ideas (if there are no scripts for them yet).

Idea with giving AI heroes one of a number of predefined sets of artifacts is not bad at all. It does not work for new AI heroes (or does it? as a placed event near city gate), but combined with other buffs can result in a tougher gameplay. And yes, it's optional, just like any other.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 29 May 2015, 21:10

This thread is about ideas to tweak the AI / make things more difficult / interesting.
I agree.

Regarding your idea of giving different set according to difficulty, I think it's a good idea, but we will need to remove those set when the heroes are defeat, and give them back if they go out of prison (on the next encounter). I do exacly this on my map under test (but not modified by the level of difficulty) and it's working. Some heroes have the Tiger set, some other Dark Priest, Robe of the guardian....

I got few ideas too regarding the difficulty level. I will need to do few test to confirm some different thing (current neutral creature growth on different level). Anyone of you has a excel file (or any file) with the growth of each neutral creature for each level??? I need this info to find the algorithm behind the creature growth (there is some difference for the growth if the creature is alone or with an other creature for random neutral).

I will try to finish the artifact list with Karmakeld and GreatEmerald (and any other one that want to help) next week and then, we will have some good discution about level difficulty and how to improve it. Maybe you can start thinking about different set you want for different level of difficulty
Idea with giving AI heroes one of a number of predefined sets of artifacts is not bad at all. It does not work for new AI heroes (or does it? as a placed event near city gate)
It works only if the troop has only 1 hero. Why = Because with a placed event, you can only select "this Army" when you want to give artifact. It means that if the troop has 3 heroes, you can give artifact only to the first one.

For exemple, you want to give each heroe a tiger set with a placed event:
Script:
Give set #1,
give set #2,
give set #3,

Result: the first hero of the army will have 3 tiger set.... and don't forget that if the heroe already had some artifact equip (helm, armor and weapon), all the tiger set will be place in his backpack.

The problem his that if you want to remove artifact with this placed event before giving the Tiger set, you will remove artifact from the 3 heroes, then, when you will give the tiger set, heroe#1 will get it and then, when you want to give back all the other artifact, they will all go to heroe #1.

That's why I say that placed event works only if there is 1 heroe in the troop.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 30 May 2015, 01:35

PatFX wrote:Regarding your idea of giving different set according to difficulty, I think it's a good idea, but we will need to remove those set when the heroes are defeat, and give them back if they go out of prison (on the next encounter). I do exacly this on my map under test (but not modified by the level of difficulty) and it's working. Some heroes have the Tiger set, some other Dark Priest, Robe of the guardian....
That definitely sounds like what I was thinking, you just have multiple pre-defined sets for each difficulty level. Within each difficulty level, there would be several sets for general hero types which could be selected by a random number after determining which hero type was present.
Dalai wrote:The topic is for scripts (preferably) and ideas (if there are no scripts for them yet).

Idea with giving AI heroes one of a number of predefined sets of artifacts is not bad at all. It does not work for new AI heroes (or does it? as a placed event near city gate), but combined with other buffs can result in a tougher gameplay. And yes, it's optional, just like any other.
How are the scripts going to be inserted into the maps with the tool? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way around the placed event only being applied to the army, rather than each hero within an army.

On a separate note, if the pre-defined artifact sets were applied at the beginning of the game (with a defeated script to remove the artifacts), then it would actually work in conjunction with the scripts to use the best artifacts.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 01 Jun 2015, 15:05

For ranged weapon, some are good if there is ranged creature, but totaly useless if there is no ranged creatures in the troop. For that reason, I think we should look at 2 things:
1- Is there any ranged creature in the troop (If total number of Titan or Monk or Cyclopes or ...... > 0, then set vRanged to 1)
2- Is there any level4 creature in the opposing troop (if total number of Angel or Champion or Poenix or Faeries Dragon...... > 0, the set vLevel4 to 1)
.....set back those 2 variable to 0 at the end....

Here is my list for ranged weapon:

Horned Bow (+50)
Emerald Longbow (+30)
Nomad Blackbow (+20)
Bow of the elf King (+5, additionnal range attack) (if vRanged =1)
Sniper's Crossbow (+3, no penalty) (if vRanged =1)
Spear of the Centaur (+8, no melee penalty) (if vRanged =1)
David's Sling (friendly ranged creatures +50% to level4 creatures) (if vRanged and vLevel4 = 1)
Bow of the elf King (+5, additionnal range attack)
Sniper's Crossbow (+3, no penalty)
Valder's Crossbow of Sloth (+5, slow)
War Sling (+10)
Spear of the Centaur (+8, no melee penalty)
Throwing Spear (+8)
Barbarian Throwing Club (+5, stunt)
Longbow (+5)
Crossbow (+3)
David's Sling (friendly ranged creatures +50% to level4 creatures)

what do you think?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Jun 2015, 17:33

Well I'm not entirely sure about the growth, but If you select Starting Troops I believe creatures Are set to basic weekly growth (This Can Be found in the manual - or quick something). I Will need to do some tests but asume that for most creatures they start out with an interval (between x-y) like the peon equivalent you Can find in random monster. Then it multiplies, adv. x1,5. Expert x2, champion x3. But I don't think the weekly growth is multiplied, though. But a test Will show.

I think Centaurs Spear might Be better than Snipers Crossbow, as the spear removes all melee penalty for troops, and the crossbow gives No ranged penalty to the hero (if I remember correct)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Jun 2015, 19:22

The Barbarian Throwing Club should be higher, because stun is very useful. I'd probably also put the regular Crossbow above the Longbow, because it gives the Long Range ability (not complete range penalty removal, but nearly so).

I'd also put the Nomad Blackbow below the Bow of the Elf King, because two shots ought to be more powerful than a static +20 increase.

And I agree with Karmakeld about putting the Spear of the Centaur higher. Maybe not above the Sniper's Crossbow, but somewhere close.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 01 Jun 2015, 20:28

I think Centaurs Spear might Be better than Snipers Crossbow, as the spear removes all melee penalty for troops, and the crossbow gives No ranged penalty to the hero (if I remember correct)
Sniper's Crossbow remove all range penalty (H4) for heroes and creatures and all ranged and obstacle penalty for H4 equilibris.

Regarding creatures growth: I know that for random neutral, the weekly growth is not the same for different difficulty level.

For the custom neutral, I had an excel file with the montly growth for each creatures in the game, but I did lost it few years ago because of a virus on my computer... If I remember correctly, I think the growth is fixe (always the same quantity each week, equal to the weekly growth) for any difficulty level except for creatures level1. I think creature level 1 have a bigger growth on higher difficulty level. I will need to test this again....... I hate virus.....

So there is a difference between the custom neutral (easy to calculate with the weekly growth for level 2-3-4 creatures) and the random neutral regarding the creature growth.

For exemple (I did a quick test):

random troop with 9 Angels on intermediate level difficulty: after 1 month 13 Angels (so 1 Angel/week)
random troop with 5 Angels and 3 Champion on intermediate level difficulty: After 1 month 7 Angels and 4 Champions (0.5 Angel/week and 0.25 Champion/week)

random troop with 24 Angels on Champion difficulty: After 1 month 32 Angels so 2 Angels/week.
random troop with 14 Angels and 11 Champions: After 1 month 20 Angels and 16 Champions (so 1.5 Angel/week and 1.25 Champion/week)

It looks like +1 Angel and Champion/week between intermediate and Champion level difficulty?? I will need to do more test with different creatures and difficulty level......

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 01 Jun 2015, 20:43

The Barbarian Throwing Club should be higher, because stun is very useful. I'd probably also put the regular Crossbow above the Longbow, because it gives the Long Range ability (not complete range penalty removal, but nearly so).

I'd also put the Nomad Blackbow below the Bow of the Elf King, because two shots ought to be more powerful than a static +20 increase.

And I agree with Karmakeld about putting the Spear of the Centaur higher. Maybe not above the Sniper's Crossbow, but somewhere close.
I forgot about the Crossbow's long range ability....OK.... for the Bow of the elf King, the Barbarian Throwing club and the Spear of the Centaur OK... I will do a new list later...

Regarding the Ring list, it’s a little bit more tricky (I mean a lot more tricky!):

Few things you need to remember. I hope I remember properly, I did test this few years ago with a troop of 3 heroes (EDIT: sorry, I forgot to copy/paste the most important think about this test, it makes no sens without this information):
1 Nature Hero
1 tactic Hero with Master tactics (+4 speed), Adv Offense (+20%), Adv Defense (+20%) and basic Leadership (+1 moral and +1 Luck)
1 tactic hero with Expert tactics (+3 speed), basic Offense (+10%) and basic defense (+10%)

Ring of Speed (+2 speed):
Always give +2 speed to the hero (Hero using the ring, any kind of Hero)
If the hero is the first tactics (highest level): Give +2 speed to all creatures
If the hero is the second tactics: Give +1 speed to all creatures (because first tactic already gives +4 speed and the seconc tactic hero give +3 speed, so for second tactic hero: 3+2 = 5 speed = +1 speed compare to the current speed of +4)
If the hero is the third tactics or have no tactics skill: No bonus speed for creatures

Leprechaun’s Ring:
Always give +2 luck to all heroes (any kind of hero)
If the hero is the first tactics: give +2 luck to all creatures
If the hero is second tactic or any other kind of hero: +1 luck to all creatures (because the first tactic hero already gives +1 luck, so for second tactics hero: 0+2 = 2 luck = 1 more luck than the current luck of +1 with the first tactic hero)

Warlord’s Ring and Ring of Protection:
If the hero is first tactics: Give +20% attack/defense to all creatures
If the hero is second tactics: Give +10% attack/defense to all creatures (because the first tactic hero already give +20, so second tactic hero get 10%+20%=30%, 10% more thant the current attack/defense of 20%)
If the hero has no tactics skill: No bonus

Because the script for artefact will be on each hero, we can’t exchange artefact between heroes….. Most of the ring can be usefull or totally useless, so it’s not easy to do a good list…..

Here are the rings that can be totally useless for different reasons:
Ring of Permanency (friendly immune to Dispel, Cancellation and Steal ench.)
Ring of the elementals (all summon Elemental twice)
Ring of Lesser Negation (hero ignores all Ward)
Ring of Greater Negation (immunities and protection are negated for all creatures/heroes)
Warlord’s Ring (friendly +20% attack)
Ring of Protection (friendly +20 defense)
Ring of Flare (+10 spell point and -2 casting cost)
Wizard’s Ring (+5 spell point and +1/day)

Here are the rings that are always OK (it does not mean they are good):
Ring of Light (+10 attack, increase effect of Life spell and Death Ward)
Ring of Health (+50% hit point)
Ring of Regeneration (restore 20 Hit point +2/level)
Ring of Strenght (+5 attack)
Ring of the Cobra’s eye ( poison)
*Ring of Speed (friendly +2 speed)
*Leprechaun’s Ring (friendly +2 luck)

* = Can be better if equip on a hero with tactics Skill

So here is my list for Ring:

Dark Priest and Archmage set (Ring of Light and Ring of Flare)

Warlord’s Ring (friendly +20% attack) (If hero has Tactics skill)
Ring of Protection (friendly +20 defense) (If hero has Tactics skill)
Ring of Speed (+2 speed hero and creatures) (If hero has Tactics skill)
Leprechaun’s Ring (all friendly +2 luck) (If hero has Tactics skill)

Ring of Flare (+10 spell point and -2 casting cost) (if hero has Nature or Life or Death or Order or Chaos skill)
Ring of Health (+50% hit point)
Ring of Regeneration (restore 20 Hit point +2/level)
Ring of the elementals (all summon Elemental twice) (if hero has nature skill)
Ring of Light (+10 attack, increase effect of Life spell and Death Ward)
Wizard’s Ring (+5 spell point and +1/day) (if hero has Nature or Life or Death or Order or Chaos skill)
Leprechaun’s Ring (each heroes +2 luck)
Ring of Speed (hero get +2 speed)
Ring of Strenght (+5 attack)
Ring of Permanency (friendly immune to Dispel, Cancellation and Steal ench.)
Ring of Lesser Negation (hero ignores all Ward)
Ring of Greater Negation (immunities and protection are negated for all creatures/heroes)
Ring of the Cobra’s eye ( poison)

Ring of Flare (+10 spell point and -2 casting cost, no magic skill)
Wizard’s Ring (+5 spell point and +1/day, no magic skill)
Warlord’s Ring (friendly +20% attack, not effective)
Ring of Protection (friendly +20 defense, not effective)
Ring of the elementals (all summon Elemental twice, not effective)

Equestrian’s Gloves (+25% movement on land) (on the Victorious script)

This list can be a really different…..There is a lot of difference if the computer face neutral or Human...... What do you think??
Last edited by PatFX on 04 Jun 2015, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 01 Jun 2015, 21:16

New ranged weapon list:

Horned Bow (+50)
Emerald Longbow (+30)
Bow of the elf King (+5, additionnal range attack)
Nomad Blackbow (+20)
Sniper's Crossbow (+3, no penalty)
Spear of the Centaur (+8, no melee penalty)
David's Sling (friendly ranged creatures +50% to level4 creatures) (if vRanged and vLevel4 = 1)
Valder's Crossbow of Sloth (+5, slow)
War Sling (+10)
Barbarian Throwing Club (+5, stunt)
Throwing Spear (+8)
Crossbow (+3)
Longbow (+5)
David's Sling (friendly ranged creatures +50% to level4 creatures)

Something like this??? What do you think?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 02 Jun 2015, 11:40

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:How are the scripts going to be inserted into the maps with the tool? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way around the placed event only being applied to the army, rather than each hero within an army.
Imagine it as a tool that has access to the map and can change it following certain algorithm. Like "find all towns, define 4 squares in front of the gate, place a placed event with following script". I'm not a programmer myself, so that's as far as I dare guessing. :)

When Namerutan returns to forums (he seems to be missing lately), he will probably give you a better answer.
iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:On a separate note, if the pre-defined artifact sets were applied at the beginning of the game (with a defeated script to remove the artifacts), then it would actually work in conjunction with the scripts to use the best artifacts.
Yes, it would. And even if it would not, predefined sets of artifacts would produce a better result than regular random set of artifacts for AI in most cases.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Jun 2015, 16:30

Dalai wrote:Imagine it as a tool that has access to the map and can change it following certain algorithm. Like "find all towns, define 4 squares in front of the gate, place a placed event with following script". I'm not a programmer myself, so that's as far as I dare guessing. :)

When Namerutan returns to forums (he seems to be missing lately), he will probably give you a better answer.
That's what I was thinking. I guess I was hoping it could somehow put a script on a hero (or other object) on the fly, rather than only before the map is played. That would solve a lot of problems :D Still, it would be nice to not have to actually do the scripting yourself :D

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Jun 2015, 21:28

It sounds very strange that warlords ring and ring of protection should only give +20% IF the hero has tactics..? I do believe it stacks upon offense/defense giving additional +20% or if none of those skills, just +20%. Atleast that's what I recall people have determined earlier.
I think GE has goods points regarding ranged, and Snipers Crossbow should Be Above Centaurs Spear given it also affect creatures.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 03 Jun 2015, 11:15

Karmakeld wrote:It sounds very strange that warlords ring and ring of protection should only give +20% IF the hero has tactics..? I do believe it stacks upon offense/defense giving additional +20% or if none of those skills, just +20%. Atleast that's what I recall people have determined earlier
I am 99,99% certain you are right.

Additionally, for maximizing tactics + artifacts effect on army, tactics hero does not have to be the one with artifacts. Game finds best Attack tactics hero, best combination of Army-Attack artifacts on one hero, and sums it. Same for Defense, Luck and Morale.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Jun 2015, 13:22

About rings: I'd put the Ring of Speed much lower, because that's not all that useful for the AI, they'll just run into enemies with their troops faster.

Then both Ring of Permanency and Ring of Greater Negation should be at the very bottom, because they can be actively harmful (dispel is very useful if one has Order, and immunities removed is just as useful to you as it's useful to the enemy).

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 03 Jun 2015, 15:47

It sounds very strange that warlords ring and ring of protection should only give +20% IF the hero has tactics..? I do believe it stacks upon offense/defense giving additional +20% or if none of those skills, just +20%. Atleast that's what I recall people have determined earlier
I did few test (first test with 3 hero in the troop, 1 nature lvl14 and 2 tactics, lvl4 and lvl8):
1 Nature Hero
1 tactic Hero with Master tactics (+4 speed), Adv Offense (+20%), Adv Defense (+20%) and basic Leadership (+1 moral and +1 Luck)
1 tactic hero with Expert tactics (+3 speed), basic Offense (+10%) and basic defense (+10%)

When I did some test few years ago, that was to understand how to equip (max) my troop (I was always playing with 3-4 Heroes in my troop)

For a troop with 3 Heroes (test#1), this is true:
Ring of Speed (+2 speed):
Always give +2 speed to the hero (Hero using the ring, any kind of Hero)
If the hero is the first tactics (highest level): Give +2 speed to all creatures
If the hero is the second tactics: Give +1 speed to all creatures (because first tactic already gives +4 speed and the seconc tactic hero give +3 speed, so for second tactic hero: 3+2 = 5 speed = +1 speed compare to the current speed of +4)
If the hero is the third tactics or have no tactics skill: No bonus speed for creatures

Leprechaun’s Ring:
Always give +2 luck to all heroes (any kind of hero)
If the hero is the first tactics: give +2 luck to all creatures
If the hero is second tactic or any other kind of hero: +1 luck to all creatures (because the first tactic hero already gives +1 luck, so for second tactics hero: 0+2 = 2 luck = 1 more luck than the current luck of +1 with the first tactic hero)

Warlord’s Ring and Ring of Protection:
If the hero is first tactics: Give +20% attack/defense to all creatures
If the hero is second tactics: Give +10% attack/defense to all creatures (because the first tactic hero already give +20, so second tactic hero get 10%+20%=30%, 10% more thant the current attack/defense of 20%)
If the hero has no tactics skill: No bonus
....but I did a second test with 1 hero nature level14, and both ring (protection and Warlord) gives 20%.

*(The only thing I was looking at was the effect of those ring when I equip (out of combat).....looking at luck, speed, attack and defense for hero and creatures)
Additionally, for maximizing tactics + artifacts effect on army, tactics hero does not have to be the one with artifacts. Game finds best Attack tactics hero, best combination of Army-Attack artifacts on one hero, and sums it. Same for Defense, Luck and Morale.
Can you explain? Sorry, my english is not really good and I'm not sure I understand.....

In my opinion, for maximizing tactics+artifact (I mean attack, defense, luck and moral, so Ring, misc(Horseshoe, Four leaf Clover, Crest of valor...) and Shield), tactics hero must be the one with artifacts..... If I'm wrong, I'm playing the game in the wrong way for many years..... :S

I will need to modified my list because sometime, the AI troop will have only heroes without tactic..... (but first, I want to do few more test with 2-3 heroes without tactics)
Last edited by PatFX on 04 Jun 2015, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Jun 2015, 19:41

PatFX wrote:Can you explain? Sorry, my english is not really good and I'm not sure I understand.....

In my opinion, for maximizing tactics+artifact (I mean attack, defense, luck and moral, so Ring, misc(Horseshoe, Four leaf Clover, Crest of valor...) and Shield), tactics hero must be the one with artifacts..... If I'm wrong, I'm playing the game in the wrong way for many years..... :S
If I understand this right, what he's saying is that tactics works on the same code as morale (think leadership). If there are two heroes with leadership, one basic, the other advanced, the result is +2 morale (the better of the two). And if anyone in the party equips an artifact that gives +1 to morale, the result is +3 morale; it doesn't have to be equipped by the hero who has the highest leadership, because the bonus is a static +1 increase.

Apparently the same applies to the other parts of Tactics. If one hero has basic Offence and another has advanced Offence, you get +20% to melee and ranged attack (the better of the two), and anyone in the party equipping the Warlord's ring gives a static +20% increase bonus, so in the end you have +40%.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 03 Jun 2015, 22:55

If I understand this right, what he's saying is that tactics works on the same code as morale (think leadership). If there are two heroes with leadership, one basic, the other advanced, the result is +2 morale (the better of the two). And if anyone in the party equips an artifact that gives +1 to morale, the result is +3 morale; it doesn't have to be equipped by the hero who has the highest leadership, because the bonus is a static +1 increase.

Apparently the same applies to the other parts of Tactics. If one hero has basic Offence and another has advanced Offence, you get +20% to melee and ranged attack (the better of the two), and anyone in the party equipping the Warlord's ring gives a static +20% increase bonus, so in the end you have +40%.

This is not true:

Games look at all bonus on a hero (artifact include) and take the highest:

For exemple: I have 1 hero Order, 1 tactic (master tactic +4 speed, adv attack 20%, adv defense 20% and basic leadership +1 luck and moral)

if I equip 1 Horseshoe to my Order hero = nothing because my tactic already give +1 luck. If I equip the horseshoe to the tactic, my creatures will get +2 luck instead of only +1.

This is true for Speed, moral, luck, attack and defense, so for weapon (crusader's mace.....), shield, ring, misc.

That's why I say that the tactic is the one that need to be equip for maximizing.

If you put a Warlord Ring on the Order hero = nothing because the tactic hero already give you +20%.

For the previous test that I did (test#1 in the previous post and the same test I did few years ago), I totally forgot to tell you about the 2 tactics hero in the troop: (Master, adv,adv,basic and Expert, basic, basic)I did EDIT that previous post with this crucial information, because without this information, results make no sens at all.... sorry, I forgot to copy/paste.....

So to resume: If the troop has no tactics hero, it doe's not matter. Any hero can use artifact, but all the same specification (moral, luck...)on the same hero is the way to go.

If a troop has a tactic hero, all item that gives Speed, Moral, Luck, Attack and defense to creatures should be put on that hero (except for exemple if the tactic hero has no leadership, then you can put item for moral and luck on any hero)

...but regarding the ring list, I was assuming that a troop has always a tactic hero (but it's not true, I was wrong). That's why I said that that we should look if the hero has tactic (because if the hero has not tactics skill (and an other hero has tactic in this troop = I was assuming), there is no advantage to put any item with moral/luck, speed, offense/defense bonus on this hero).

The problem is that if a troop has 1 Grandmaster order and 1 grandmaster tatic, if I put Ring of Light (dark priest set), then Warlord ring before (higher priority without conditional action of : if tactic skill) over the Ring of Flare for exemple and the Order hero has those 3 rings, he will get the Ring of Light and Warlord Ring and the Warlord will be totally useless.....(instead of getting the Ring of Flare if I keep the conditional: if tactics skill with the Warlord ring).... but if the Order hero is the only hero in the troop and I keep the conditional action with the Warlord ring (if tactic), he will get ring of Flare instead of the Warlord ring and lose + 20% offense....

anyway, I will need to think about it and I will come back to you with a new list taking into account that the troop may not have a tactic hero.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 04 Jun 2015, 15:01

PatFX wrote:This is not true
Had to check. I was wrong, I am sorry. Here is correct explanation:

Game checks all heroes for highest attack bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then it checks all heroes for highest defense bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then for luck and morale. These heroes giving attack, defense, luck and morale bonuses must not be the same, they can be 4 different heroes.

So it is wise to give all attack artifacts to the hero with highest attack, all defense artifacts - to the hero with highest defense, etc.

PatFX
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby PatFX » 04 Jun 2015, 16:51

Game checks all heroes for highest attack bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then it checks all heroes for highest defense bonus, consisting of skills and artifacts, and applies it to creatures. Then for luck and morale. These heroes giving attack, defense, luck and morale bonuses must not be the same, they can be 4 different heroes.

So it is wise to give all attack artifacts to the hero with highest attack, all defense artifacts - to the hero with highest defense, etc.
They CAN* be 4 different heroes (only if your troop as no tactic hero or has 4 different tactic hero with different skill(one with higher tactic, one with higher offense skill, one with higher defense skill and one with higher leardership skill....or if you have 4 Grandmaster tactics (all skill at grandmaster) in your troop)..... but only Tactic skill give bonus to Speed, Offense, Defense, Luck and moral, so that's why a tactic hero will always give more benefit compare to any other hero. Even a level 3 tactic hero with basic Tactics, basic defense, basic offense and basic leadershipp will always give more benifit compare to a level 40++ hero without tactic because no other skill gives bonus to creatures. Exemple: level 40++ Order with Warlord ring will give 20% attack to all creature, but the level3 tactic hero (basic offense) will give +30% (10% from skill + 20% Warlord)

That's why for maximizing, you must give all artifact that boost creatures's luck/moral/defense/attack/speed to the hero with the highest tactics skill (usually the same hero). (obviously, if you have 2 tactic hero, 1 level 25 with basic leadership and 1 level 10 with expert leadership, you should give all item with bonus to moral/luck to the level 10 hero, not to the highest level hero)

At high level (for big map), when all your hero are high level and all have grandmaster tactic, you are right, any hero can use artifact, they can be 4 different heroes (or 5 different with Speed).

Return to “Heroes I-IV”