Heroes 3 HD mod questions

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 3 HD mod questions

Unread postby cori14 » 13 Mar 2015, 20:01

Hi guys!

I bought the new HD rerelease of HoMM3, it wasn't really worth it, but I loved ONE aspect of it, It made the game totally clean and looked good on widescreen not like the HD mod. I'm not really a fan of the bigger resolution cuz it makes everything so friggin' small. Anyway I want to play the expansion campaigns again so I installed the HD mod, because unlike the resolution thing It has so many cool features that make life easier.

1. I have one big problem. On the combat screen I can't move my two spaces creatures one tile back... So i can't click on it's back to move one tile backwards, but i have to click on a tile behind it so it will move 2 tiles always... (So many tiles in one line :D )

2. Can I make the mod like in the original so when I go to a shrine or pick up stuff It won't move to the right corner but show me in a small window then I have to click okay to move the window away?

3. Sometimes when my Hero moves on the map it stutters for a micro second. Do you know what's the problem there or is it the mods fault?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english. :)

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 18 Mar 2015, 11:30

So, nobody knows nothing about H3 hd mod??

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Re: Heroes 3 HD mod questions

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Mar 2015, 13:38

1) Moving a two hexes creature back for one hex always was cumbersome. I will notify Baratorch, maybe he can do something about.

2) I think there are settings to change in order to get original messages. HD mod is build with multiplayer priority so all repetitive messages now just display on right side. Read instruction to find out how to set up.

3) No idea, HD mod does not affect how fast or slow the game is.

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 21 Mar 2015, 18:51

Salamandre wrote:1) Moving a two hexes creature back for one hex always was cumbersome. I will notify Baratorch, maybe he can do something about.

2) I think there are settings to change in order to get original messages. HD mod is build with multiplayer priority so all repetitive messages now just display on right side. Read instruction to find out how to set up.

3) No idea, HD mod does not affect how fast or slow the game is.
1. Thx It's the only real problem with the mod, otherwise I love it.

2. I read through the whole HD mod webpage (https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/ ----- not the russian section, I don't know russian) but I didn't find it.

3. It appears in this gameplay video too, when the heros move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfepDtu4YQ

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Mar 2015, 23:55

I suggest you type "Heroes III HD mod" in google then follow the results. I don't even know why you asking here, there is zero support or threads for HD mod in Celestial Heavens.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Mar 2015, 07:12

@cori14
Welcome! Your stuttering could be sound related, in that case you would see the same behaviour in the original game.

Solution is to turn off hardware sound acceleration in the control panel.

Just an idea. ;)

@Salamandre
He's asking on the right place, I don't know what you still have? Somewhat I must say row, row, our lives are not revolving around HC!
Last edited by Pol on 22 Mar 2015, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Mar 2015, 12:47

My answer was about question 2: HD settings. There is a thread started by author in HC, answering to all questions.

If people in HC ask questions about MM mods, I send them asap to CH. HD mod, WoG and HoTA have active threads in HC and none in CH, that's a fact.

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 22 Mar 2015, 12:55

Salamandre wrote:I suggest you type "Heroes III HD mod" in google then follow the results. I don't even know why you asking here, there is zero support or threads for HD mod in Celestial Heavens.
And how should I as a newbie on the forums know that nobody plays the mod here? I just thought it's a problem on my end and maybe i can get some help here. But I'll go to HC forums then..
Pol wrote:@cori14
Welcome! Your stuttering could be sound related, in that case you would see the same behaviour in the original game.

Solution is to turn of hardware sound acceleration in the control panel.

Just an idea. ;)
The problem is that the original game runs just fine. :/

But I'll try this option, maybe it'll help.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Mar 2015, 13:06

Then look in HD3_DATA folder and rename Mp3dec.asi and Mss32.dll. With them renamed (to anything else), HD mod will read the original files from H3 main directory. If this doesn't solve neither, then ask author, after specifying your config and OS.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”