Don't waste money on Heroes 3 HD

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Don't waste money on Heroes 3 HD

Unread postby Artas1984 » 17 Feb 2015, 11:26

This is a nice "promotion" i found searching youtube for Heroes 3 HD news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJf0OfalW9w

Seriously, 8000 likes and 100 dislikes - can't be wrong. :devious:
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 22 Feb 2015, 13:19

Kind of a bad review though, 65% of the video consists of him talking about other HD-remakes, and he pretty much just says it is sloppy.
I have heard a lot about lame bugs etc in the HD-version that wasn't even mentioned in this video...
"By the power of Zelas!"

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 22 Feb 2015, 17:26

I didn't waste my money on H3 HD. ;)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 27 Feb 2015, 18:06

I bought it and spent over 60 hours replaying Restoration of Erathia. It looked really good on my big screen TV, better than the HD Mod. I knew what it was when I got it, and I got my money's worth out of it.

Now that it got me in a HoMM 3 mood, I'm continuing to play Armageddon's Blade and other expansions using the old version with HD Mod.

I don't think it's that big a deal to own both versions. I'm a more casual type of player who only plays single player campaigns and no multiplayer, though, so that probably makes a difference.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Return to “Heroes I-IV”