Heroes IV Questions: General

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nitocris_dude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes IV Questions: General

Unread postby nitocris_dude » 30 Jan 2015, 15:43

I decided to give this game another go after nearly two decades.

Some questions that I have still yet to find the answer to:

1. Does Hero army-based Class and ability bonuses/buffs stack?

a) Tactics. If two heroes have maxed out tactics, defense and offense in the same army. Does the bonuses stack?

b) Duplicate Hero class. If two "Lord Commanders" are in the same army, does the army get +4 (+2 times two) to morale?

C) Similar Hero class bonuses. If an army has one "Lord Commander" and one General. Does the army get +3 Morale (+2 from Lord commander and +1 from General).

D) Magic (Life Ressurection, Nature Summoning). If two heroes have these abilities, does the effects stack, or only the highest is taken per battle (ressurectoin)/day (summoning).

E) Nobility. Does the resources/gold bonuses stack for multiple heroes?

Thankyou for your time.

PS. Lastly Field Marshall or Lord Commander. Which is better in your opinion.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 31 Jan 2015, 23:55

Ad. A, B, C, Ressurection, Necromancy, Diplomacy, Charm: Total bonus from each hero is calculated (skills+artifacts+class). Only the best bonus counts.

Ad. Summoning and resource/gold: All those bonuses stack.

Lord Commander > Field Marshall. Attack bonus from both classes is comparable and higher Morale may also let your troops act sooner during battle, which is also good for spellcasting troops (Genies, Fairy Dragons, Nightmares etc.).
Still, usually Tactics or Nobility < another magic school or Combat.

nitocris_dude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nitocris_dude » 02 Feb 2015, 04:17

1. Are you saying if I have 6 "summoners' I can summon many mantis every day?

2. Morale in Homm IV is different to Homm III? In III you get to act again. In IV it does not?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Feb 2015, 14:50

nitocris_dude wrote:2. Morale in Homm IV is different to Homm III? In III you get to act again. In IV it does not?
Yeap, it just makes you go earlier.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Feb 2015, 20:36

Lucky also works different. Instead of being applied on the attack, it's applied when being hit. Higher luck, higher chance to decrease damage below normal. Low luck, chance to get higher damage beyond normal.

Keep in mind that using Equilibris mod, you can toggle Summoning and Necromancy menus (Alt + E) of your hero, so you can actually choose what to bring forth, instead of getting some random or not so exciting units. ;) Not to mention all the tons of balancing and improving details. Nowadays, I simply cannot play without Equilibris.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”