how to reset the campains to say they have not been done

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Evendar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

how to reset the campains to say they have not been done

Unread postby Evendar » 28 Dec 2014, 15:21

I do not want to get rid of all my saved games, but I would like to redo all the campaigns again to try make the heroes stronger than before.

I don't want the computer to decide that this hero is better than that one. I want my latest hero to be the one that I will use in the final battles.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Dec 2014, 15:38

Reinstall the game? Which game, btw?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Evendar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Evendar » 28 Dec 2014, 15:41

It is for Heroes IV

I really don't want to reinstall the game, I don't want to take the chance of any bugs that come up, and I don't want to lose any of the saved games I have, along with the high scores.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Dec 2014, 17:48

And it's necessary to reset them? Afaik can you just try to replay them again from beginning?

Otherwise, yes, this will be noted in some file or registry, that campaigns were played. And no idea where exactly. Others?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Evendar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Evendar » 28 Dec 2014, 17:57

I plan on retrying to get the best heroes I can, maxing out everything, but this time only get one hero with Pathfinding.

I would hate to try this, and find out that they for some reason decide that a previous hero is better than the one I just finished with.

I figure by trying to wipe out the credit, I will get the heroes I really want for the final campaign.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 30 Dec 2014, 11:43

I think pol is right. i see no need to delete/reset 'credits'.
my guess/experience is that game stores infos in 'carrover' file in data folder. if you start with new hero, you'll continue with that hero throughout the campaign. u can't change what's saved, but old saves won't interfere with a new game. I'm fairly sure about this, as I've been replaying maps in my own campaign, and each restart of a map changes the carryovered hero in the next.
Alternatively, should you reinstall you can copy-paste all old saved games into the games folder or try to delete the 'carryover' file. but be sure to back it up.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”