Dancing Crusader problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Dancing Crusader problem

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Dec 2014, 04:54

Hello everyone

I am now playing The Dancing Crusader, a H4 Equilibris map by Grumpywizard

I’m stuck in the Faldar region with Glenda the Late. I’ve travelled the map, found Giggles’ master the grumpy old wizard, unearthed the staff of power using a Leprechuan (since I was warned against letting Giggles touch the staff). I also discovered the Tochar tomb and liberated Tochar’s ghost.

Taking that staff I went with Glenda the Late to that little island in the SW of the Faldar region. I dispelled the ward and got on the small island, but now I can’t proceed further. I can’t find any entrance to anywhere.

Is there something else I forgot to do?

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 24 Jun 2015, 12:59

I've had the exact same problem. The island doesn't appear to have any teleporters or event squares, even when the three heroes that dispelled the ward are in the army. I ask as well - how do you progress from here? The map has a high rating, so presumably there is a way forward. If not, some bug-fixing is in order.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Jun 2015, 13:19

I have never played it; you could try sending Grumpy Old Wizard a pm; but he is rarely around any more. ;| His profile list contact information.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 10 Jul 2015, 01:53

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Grumpy Old Wizard? I sent him an email a while back but have not heard from him. The Dancing Crusader has been a great map and I'd really love to finish it if at all possible, but it seems there's a bug in the map that prevents progress. I guess the high ratings of the map must be from an earlier version of the map that didn't have this issue.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 12 Jul 2015, 11:41

I've never played that map either, but I do have a few suggestions:
1) Press 'v' during game. Perhaps thare's a hidden teleporter, tunnel or enemy somewhere that you have missed.
2) The readme also lists contact information to 1 tester, DaDruid. Perhaps he's still reachable?
3) And of course, you could search for a way in map editor if you haven't already done that. Perhaps there's an event somewhere with an unexpected condition or just somewhere where you've missed it?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”