Inferno town

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Inferno town

Unread postby zeus-online » 25 Oct 2014, 11:03

I am curious...are all the creatures in the town considered to be aliens ? (Kreegans) or is it only the devils, archdevils and the demoniac heroes?

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 25 Oct 2014, 20:41

I'm not sure that any of the creatures from the Inferno town are aliens. They certainly don't look like the Kreegan from MM6 and 7.

Unless maybe Imps are their young.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 26 Oct 2014, 20:10

My memory may be rusty, but weren't at least gogs and efreeti natives to the planet even by MM lore?
Kreegans had actually many followers. They were not evil... they were just misunderstood... Baa, my friend!

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 26 Oct 2014, 20:41

I think magogs are natives to Eofol.
Efreets are from the plane of fire i believe?

Demons, devils and imps seems kreegan-ish, except that even the lowliest kreegan is still a formidable opponent where as imps and demons are cannon fodder.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 26 Oct 2014, 23:59

The Halflings were native to Eeofol before the Night of Shooting Stars displaced them. I couldn't imagine them being on good terms with Gogs.

The Efreet are native to the Plane of Fire, according to MM8.

Not sure where Hellhounds and Cerberi come from.

On second thought, I guess the rest of them are probably Kreegans. But it is weird that the whip-wielding Pit Fiends and the scythe-wielding Devils never make an appearance in the Might and Magic games, nor the ape-like creatures from the Might and Magic games in Heroes 3.

The existence of an Underworld, as demonstrated in the Heroes Chronicles, is also somewhat of a problem; the demons native to that plane are identical to the Kreegans, but unless the Underworld is in fact a planet that has been overrun by the Kreegans, I think they would have to be distinct.

Of course, the presence of Efreet in the Inferno's army proves that the Kreegans can and do open portals to the Plane of Fire to summon those Efreet; it couldn't be much harder to open portals to the Underworld to summon its denizens as well.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 27 Oct 2014, 11:57

Must be cause Kreegans actually are not one, but multiple and various. The ones in Might and Magic stories might not be the ones in Heroes saga. Although they are all Kreegans.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 27 Oct 2014, 19:09

Why wouldn't Xenofex keep Gogs or Pit Fiends in Colony Zod, though? He was the leader of the Kreegan in MM6 and MM7, so he must have been their leader in Heroes 3 as well (which took place between MM6 and MM7), and been in command of the Inferno creatures there as well.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 29 Oct 2014, 17:17

Maybe they recruited other monsters when the initial invasion failed...

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 08 Nov 2014, 12:31

Because he kept the gogs and fiends on the field ? I'm not sure, but it seems the mission to Zod was supposed to be a covert thing. The Kreegans shouldn't aware or properly prepared against a group of infiltrators.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”