School quiz - Few questions about heroes series

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
iritlus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

School quiz - Few questions about heroes series

Unread postby iritlus » 02 Jul 2014, 21:43

so i posted this in the wrong section cause i was in a diffrent world i guess lol
so original messege:

can you guys help me with my school project( its for my seminar about the effect of 3D\2D on games)
im doing a small and easy survery\quiz and i need to get at least 15 answers. takes one minute to answer all.
first u choose a Heroes of might and magic game which is a 2d version and rate it. and then u choose a 3d game of heroes and rate it (if u played only 1 u can answer about one)

2D game:
Name:_______
Rate the following between 1-7 (In which 1 is the best.):
Storyline:
Gameplay:
Graphics:
Overal:

Why did you choose to play it?
Will you play it again?

Choose a 3D heroes game:
Rate the following between 1-7 (In which 1 is the best.)
Storyline:
Gameplay:
Graphics:
Overal:

Will you play it again?

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.)_____________

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? ____________
-Why do you like strategy games in general? _________________

thnx for ur help. if u have any question. feel free to ask
btw heroes 3 forever!
Last edited by iritlus on 08 Jul 2014, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: school project with heroes posted in the right place

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Jul 2014, 18:07

2D game:
Name: Heroes of Might & Magic II
Storyline: 3
Gameplay: 1/4 (then/now)
Graphics: 1/6
Overal: 1

Why did you choose to play it? I was intrigued by HoMM 1.
Will you play it again? Probably not.

Choose a 3D heroes game: Heroes of Might & Magic VI
Storyline: 4
Gameplay: 2
Graphics: 2
Overal: 2

Why did you choose to play it? I had a lot of fun with the HoMM series and wanted to have some more fun
Will you play it again? I might.

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) HoMM 4

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? Creativity in strategic/tactical thinking. Satisfaction in stretching the line between possible/impossible.

-Why do you like strategy games in general? They stimulate the brain

Good luck.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

iritlus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iritlus » 04 Jul 2014, 18:15

yay one good person! thanx

anyone else? (14 moire to go) XD

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 07 Jul 2014, 07:08

2D game:
Name: HoMM II
Storyline: 5
Gameplay: 1
Graphics: 1

Why did you choose to play it? Tried out of curiosity, then got addicted.
Will you play it again? Yes

Choose a 3D heroes game: HoMM V
Storyline: 5
Graphics: 4
Overal: 3

Why did you choose to play it? Got a beta-tester position
Will you play it again? Maybe, but rather not

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) among all games it is probably chess, among computer games probably Master of Magic followed by Starcraft (I)

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? enjoyment
-Why do you like strategy games in general? I personally perform better on planning etc than reflexive shooting or jumping what is needed for some other game types.
anyone else? (14 moire to go) XD
If you dig into older topics, you may find some "favorite heroes" etc discussions from which you may be able to extract some opinions.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jul 2014, 14:59

Okay, there we go.

2D game
Name:Heroes III.

A comrade of mine brought it, to play hotseat. And I liked the gameplay (mechanic), it's (relatively) fast paced game, now more with HDmod.

Will you play it again?
Yes from time to time. There are many mods and even the vanilla is having its own charm.

Choose a 3D heroes game: As no player of H5 I can choose only H6.
Storyline: Very funny. 2
Gameplay: Could be better. 4
Graphics: Hmm 2
Overal: 4 No replaybility

Random series attempt. Lured with nice music and graphics.

Will you play it again?
Eh, no. There's no reason.

Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.)
Still waiting for, yet most close were Might of Magic (by Microprose) and Heroes3.

What have you felt like you gained by playing it?
Different patterns how to solve situations. Quick and right decisions.

Why do you like strategy games in general?
You need to plan in advance, more than one step. As well. You need to improvise for not everything is granted.

Apropos. Welcome iritlus in our forums!

If I may tell you a word of advice. Edit your first post title to reflect the content. Try something along the lines: "School quiz - Few questions about heroes series .."
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

iritlus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iritlus » 08 Jul 2014, 10:15

thnx :)

lets try the new title then ^^

Pitsu- its a quiz i need ppl to answer so i cant take opinions and give my ratings through them but thnx for the advice :)

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 12 Jul 2014, 00:33

Well why not.

2D game:
Name: Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Storyline: ? (I honestly don't remember much of the HoMM 2 storyline, I was so young then)
Graphics: 3 (by the standards of those days)
Overall: 2

Why did you choose to play it? I had a friend who had it. I watched it and got interested.
Will you play it again? No. It's just way too old.

Choose a 3D heroes game: MMH6
Storyline: 7
Gameplay: 5
Overall: 4

Why did you choose to play it? I'd played the other Heroes games so ...
Will you play it again? No. Too tedious, AI is crap, and the game just isn't interesting enough.

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) Pokemon netbattle, and related games (e.g. Kongai).

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? Some fun moments? Some mind-reading too.
-Why do you like strategy games in general? Generally, because winning or losing is dependent on your play choices, not on reflexes and the like.
Last edited by Banedon on 12 Jul 2014, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: School quiz - Few questions about heroes series

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 12 Jul 2014, 02:44

2D game:
Name:Heroes of Might and Magic III
Storyline: 2
Graphics: 1 (for the time)
Overall: 1

Why did you choose to play it? Brand name recognition; I enjoyed Heroes 2, and the new creatures sounded cool.
Will you play it again? Yes; for nostalgia if nothing else.

Choose a 3D heroes game: Heroes 5

Why did you choose to play it? I was glad that the Heroes franchise wasn't dead after 3do went down.
Will you play it again? Maybe. The story didn't quite have the sense of humor that underlay previous Heroes games, and story is large determiner of replayability for me.

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? Cultural exposure and some scientific knowledge, as well as some really cool lines to quote.

-Why do you like strategy games in general? If I may limit the question, it's turn-based strategy I really enjoy. I like being able to sit back and think through my options.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 12 Jul 2014, 20:17

2D game:
Name:Heroes of Might and Magic three
Gameplay: 3
Graphics: 6
Overal: 1

Why did you choose to play it: It was one of the only games available to me when I was a kid, still a favorite.
Will you play it again: Yep, still do whenever I feel like burning sometime, playing on WoG on an XL maps is rather fun, and the nostalgia feels. and lets not forget the soundtrack.

Choose a 3D heroes game: Heroes of Might and Magic VI
Storyline: 6
Overal: 5

Why did you choose to play it: Loved all the games before it, thought it would be a great game, I was wrong.
Will you play it again: Never.

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.): Choosing one game for me would be too hard so I will choose more then one, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Battle for Middle Earth 2

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it?: I dunno, Enjoyment? Lots of fun maybe some really basic knowledge on strategy games.

-Why do you like strategy games in general: To be honest I'm total crap at strategy games, but hell they're so much fun, I love to feel in charge and leading my troops into a total victory, knowing how I play will handle consequences even though I lose a lot.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 14 Jul 2014, 15:00

2D game:
Name: Heroes 3
Overall: 2

Why did you choose to play it? TBS & theme
Will you play it again? Yes sometimes

Choose a 3D heroes game:
Storyline: 6 {I detest soap-operas}
Overall: 3.5

Why did you choose to play it? Heroes 3
Will you play it again? Yes, I yet create maps & play

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) Don't have one but i'd have to say Chess. {The game's been played for centuries and is still played. :>) }
-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? The concept of TBS
-Why do you like strategy games in general? In brief, decisions, logistics, and problem-solving,...even when not imbedded in a story, though that sounds quite stale.

Good luck

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: School quiz - Few questions about heroes series

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 17 Jul 2014, 07:52

2D game:
Name: HoMM 2

Why did you choose to play it? I remember someone told me to play 'this game', which was as addictive as Civilization, more fantasy than King's Bounty and better graphics than those old Koei games...so, why not ?
Will you play it again? You bet !

Choose a 3D heroes game: M & M 7
Graphics: 3

Why did you choose to play it? By then I just wanted to play somekind of 3D RPG and has done with M & M 8 which looked more like FPS.
Will you play it again ? No. I've had enough playing it for like, dozens of time already. Even with its high replayability, not much else I'd have after all.

-Which game will you crown as the best strategy game of all time? (It doesn't have to be a heroes game.) Sid Meier's Civilization.

-What have you felt like you gained by playing it? Lessons in history, language (English), concept of TBS.
-Why do you like strategy games in general? I like Turn Based Strategy (TBS) in general because I don't like to stare at my PC monitor non-stop while playing games.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”