Looking for your opinons of the best custom maps and such.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sytakan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Looking for your opinons of the best custom maps and such.

Unread postby Sytakan » 27 Feb 2014, 20:10

My wife's discovery of this game has rekindled my desire to play it again. She's very good, much better than I am or ever was. I was hoping the community here could suggest some huge maps she and I could versus on. Preferably ones that keep us far apart, dealing with our own problems until we finally crash into each other at the end. The reason I ask for something like THAT is because, in any map, the instant we find the other one, we ignore the AI and beat the tar out of each other, basically ending the map prematurely.

On that same note, if you guys could suggest some great co-op maps as well, we'd really appreciate that too. We simply don't have time anymore to hunt through tons of maps hoping for a brilliant gem.

However, I DO have more free time than her, and in that time, I was hoping to enjoy some custom made campaigns and maps of truly epic quality. I've played many custom maps, my favorites being the ones with The Narrator, like Sander's Folly. The Pen and the Sword (I think that's what it's called?) is another of my favorites.

Now, due to my poor playing style, (I prefer to use one hero and played "RPG" style maps to compliment that) I have trouble finding maps I truly enjoy. I love maps that use one or two heroes and have a huge story about that hero's journey. The kinds of maps with tons and tons of triggers and all that. Maps like the ones I talked about in the previous paragraph.

Anyway, I'm digressing a bit. The third thing I'm hoping people will suggest for me are maps and custom campaigns. Preferably ones that relate to all the stuff I just fanboy'd over a minute ago.

Thanks guys!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 03 Mar 2014, 10:12

I think you should check out Masters of Sighisoara 1 and 2+The scenarios! :)
It's mainly about one hero in MoS1. And MoS3 is under development, which will be about 1 man becoming a hero, and his journey both personally, adventurously and spiritually!

https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... mit=Search

There is the download link.
I also advice you to check out the wiki on it! :)

http://h3mos.wikia.com/wiki/Masters_of_Sighisoara_Wiki

For chronical order, etc etc. And oh, MoS3 will offer a piece of music created for us personally by Paul Anthony Romero! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Sytakan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sytakan » 05 Mar 2014, 14:34

Coincidentally, I stumbled across your campaigns just a few hours before your post , although I did not know there was a second one, or extra scenarios. The map search engine doesn't seem to work perfectly, apparently. I'm only on the second map, but I'm enjoying it so far. The queen gave me more trouble than I expected, though. She stacked up all her minotaurs, and I wasn't expecting her stats to be as high as they were.I basically had to blind cheese her to win, which always feels underhanded to me. "Blind. Run away. Shoot. Blind again. Run away. Repeat"

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 13 Mar 2014, 22:30

for H4 I would recommand Megom Chronicles: Tales of Souls. Good story and nice gameplay..
or checking out this site (recommanded H4 maps): might help you find the maps you're looking for:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/382
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 23 Mar 2014, 22:56

Sytakan wrote:Coincidentally, I stumbled across your campaigns just a few hours before your post , although I did not know there was a second one, or extra scenarios. The map search engine doesn't seem to work perfectly, apparently. I'm only on the second map, but I'm enjoying it so far. The queen gave me more trouble than I expected, though. She stacked up all her minotaurs, and I wasn't expecting her stats to be as high as they were.I basically had to blind cheese her to win, which always feels underhanded to me. "Blind. Run away. Shoot. Blind again. Run away. Repeat"
Haha yes, feel free to give us a review when you have finished the campaign! You should check out our own thread and you can find out about all the campaigns and scenarios. Just about to head there and post a screenshot for the upcoming campaign! ;)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”