Help a newbie with Fall of Steadwick - Heroes 3

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
AncientToaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help a newbie with Fall of Steadwick - Heroes 3

Unread postby AncientToaster » 08 Feb 2014, 03:36

So I'm sure this is asked a lot, but I'm really having trouble beating this scenario. I've tried countless times, but General Kendall is downright impossible.

I'm playing the GoG.com version, with the HD+ mod, and that's it. No other mods.

My problem is that no matter what force I muster, Kendall's is ALWAYS better. More troops, he's faster, he has some artifact that negates magic, he has tactics, and his troops just destroy me. I had over 11 black dragons and huge stacks of other troops and he was able to destroy me easily.

I've also tried baiting him out using a weak hero. The problem is, he only comes out to the windmill, no further in any of my games. Once he does that, he has enough movement points to go right back to the town and defend with his insanely powerful army.

I'm on my third attempt at this campaign, trying to pump up my heroes in the previous scenario somehow differently, but does anyone have any tips?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Feb 2014, 07:55

You can lure him out, if you're weak.

Outsmart him and outfast. :D

Umm, umm. Did you trained fire magic? In this scenario you can be both, smarter and stronger. Gunnar on your side? ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 08 Feb 2014, 21:04

11 Black Dragons? I had 38... If you give me your e-mail I can send you a save game where I destroyed Kendal. Main spell was Berserker with Expert Fire Magic. But you can do it also by removing units except B. Dragons and casting Armageddon.

You played just too slow. And maybe your hero was not developed well. Here is a video about finishing this scenario with another tactic (by a girl :D ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ9xYpf0mtk

AncientToaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

YES!

Unread postby AncientToaster » 10 Feb 2014, 00:30

I did it!

I re-did the entire campaign by powering up some key heroes, my saving grace was Armageddon with a high level Alamar Warlock, and about 25 black dragons.

I just blasted Steadwick and General Kendal with Armageddon while defending with my Black Dragons, I also had a very big army in reserve, but this way worked.

Pretty happy, still took me a long time though to build up a sufficient force. 3 Months, 2 weeks.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”