Heroes IV - Champion difficulty videos

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
gammadragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes IV - Champion difficulty videos

Unread postby gammadragon » 18 Jan 2014, 10:07

A while ago, I started creating some videos of some of the Heroes IV (original) campaigns played on Champion difficulty. They aren't perfect or complete but they do show some decent strategies for playing the campaigns.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Death (Half-Dead):
Level 1
Level 2

Order (The Price of Peace):
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5

Might (Glory of Days Past):
Level 1

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 21 Jan 2014, 17:56

Wow, it's nice to know somebody still play my favourite homm game :) Actually, I wanted to make such videos some time ago, but I didn't because I thought nobody would watch them.

I see these videos are quite long, so for now I can't write a proper comment. But after every one, I will.

I finished campaigns on champion too (yeah - might campaign also) so it would be nice to see your strategies.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Jan 2014, 21:07

Impressive work. You got yourself a new subscriber!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

gammadragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gammadragon » 25 Jan 2014, 06:10

Thanks guys, I'm glad people are still enjoying this wonderful game :)

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 25 Jan 2014, 08:25

I watched two scenarios with Gauldoth and first of might campaign. In general you play very precisely and you really know what you are doing.

Wearjack 1 - during battle with Screaming Tom I split centaurs instead of berserkers. Because we control where they go, who they hit and we can block berserkers to charge if needed. Still, you did it better than me - maybe I was gathering my army to long.

Gauldoth 1 - you could take death knight with tactic skill in later time. And you forgot about vampires during battles with green. Why didn't you took them with you? Yeah, it didn't matter, but still it could be done a little better I think.

Gauldoth 2 - Gauldoth Half - Dead became paladin :D Sounds ironic, but it's effective.

Will you continue making videos? If so, first scenarios of Alita and Mysterio's campaign are VERY difficult :devil:

gammadragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gammadragon » 25 Jan 2014, 08:56

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, some of the strategy can definitely be improved. An expendable Death Knight hero with tactics skill is a good idea - I might use that one in later videos :D

Will continue with the videos, but at the moment I'm working full time and have a pretty busy calendar outside of work too, so they might follow after a bit of a delay. It actually takes a fair amount of effort to make them, not least of which is the trimming and encoding of the individual segments into a single video which Youtube can process nicely.

Currently working on the first level of the Chaos campaign "A Pirate's Daughter" at the moment as I think that's probably the next hardest from the original campaigns. At some stage I'll actually get around to completing a campaign as well :) - Probably the Order campaign because that's one of my favourites.

I'll definitely consider making Mysterio the next one.

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 30 Jan 2014, 16:58

I watched first order scenario. It's interesting you play general without potions of immortality. And that you choose so many different skills. When I was playing I maximized combat and one (or two if possible) magic. It seems when you have a lot of low level boosts you can be still effective.

And I want to say about another difficult scenario. I mean first of nature's campaign. So there is another option for one of next videos.

gammadragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gammadragon » 11 Jul 2014, 10:20

Taro wrote:And I want to say about another difficult scenario. I mean first of nature's campaign. So there is another option for one of next videos.
Done. A few new videos are ready to watch:

Chaos (The Pirate's Daughter):
Level 1

Nature (Elwin and Shaera):
Level 1
Level 2

Return to “Heroes I-IV”