Heroes 3 Campaign Order

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes 3 Campaign Order

Unread postby MeCho » 13 Aug 2013, 06:44

So i am pretty sure i am about to beat the entire Shadow of Death Campaign (i love how the game surprised me whit additional Campaign chapter after i unlocked and beaten the Campaign chapters that were once grey and unplayable i though well this is it and what do you know where was stone there is a nice bonus!) but i am unsure if i should have started on shadow of death since i checked into Restoration of Erathia and they dont let me choose the difficulty they force me start on pawn (is there a way to change this manualy) so im guessing it was prequel since it doesnt make sence to let the player start on higher dificulty and make a it a lot easier on the sequel so after i beat Shadow of Death should i go to Restoration of Erathia section or Armagedons Blade ?

Amehmet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amehmet » 13 Aug 2013, 13:32

Shadow of Death is indeed a prequel of Restoration of Erathia. Restoration of Erathia was the original game and Armageddon's Blade was its first expansion pack. Shadow of Death was the second expansion pack, but its disc included full original game as well.

Story-wise, Shadow of Death starts 10 years before Restoration of Erathia and ends only a short time prior to its beginning. As you'll see once you start playing RoE, the final campaign of SoD is its direct prequel and explains what caused all the distress.
Armageddon's Blade takes place a few years after the end of Restoration of Erathia.

Game difficulty is fixed for all RoE and AB campaign maps -- there's no way to change it. Don't worry, though, you won't be playing on easy for too long.

By the way, just a friendly suggestion: your posts would be much easier to read if you used punctuation.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Aug 2013, 00:06

Chronological is SoD, RoE, AB.
Release order is RoE, AB, SoD
No, you can't change the difficulty, and really the only scenario that was even remotely hard in the first 3 campaigns was the last Inferno scenario. RoE is pretty easy throughout.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Aug 2013, 18:46

perhaps, but I never managed to capture Steadwick and continue the campaign. Never really got back to it, after I started playing IV more seriously.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”