balancing question

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

balancing question

Unread postby Callipygian » 11 Jul 2013, 21:24

Hello!

I have a question about the possibility to adjust some proporties that, in my opinion, are too random and influential. In beating impossible maps on impossible difficulty, I find that I need to restart the scenario a couple of times until I start out with a decent beginning army and artifact. While doing so, I've noticed two things:

1. there is a huge variation in the army you randomly start out with, rangin from as much as, for Castle heroes, 12 pikemen to 25 pikemen, 8 archers and 3 griffins.

2. There are some totally useless and very powerful artifacts you can randomly get. For example, the centaur's axe gives you a huge +3 attack boost, while a statue for a slightly more effective eagle eye skill is worthless. Even worse, you might start out with the spirit of oppression on a hero with leadership.

I don't like reloading a scenario until I get a lucky draw, but on impossible, a very bad starting enemy can be really fatal. Also for multiplayer, it really sets you back.

Are there possibilities for adjusting settings so your basic army is always the same and your artifact gets randomly chosen from a specified set of artifacts?

Thanks!

Best,

Callipygian

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Jul 2013, 14:37

It would be helpful if you said which Heroes you are talking about. Most editors can set start up armies with different scripts.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 12 Jul 2013, 16:36

Heroes 3 probably.

Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Callipygian » 12 Jul 2013, 19:05

Ah, sorry, I totally forgot to mention that, indeed, it is Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Is someone familiar with the way to adjust scripts in the editor to create different hero army sizes?

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 13 Jul 2013, 17:05

You can edit maps so that every starting hero will have constant number of creature.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”