What is your Best (Heroes III) Tactic?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

What is your Best (Heroes III) Tactic?

Unread postby Xdarkon » 29 Apr 2013, 20:37

I want to try some new tactics out. So do please post XD

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Apr 2013, 21:04

1. Build my empire.
2. Build my army.
3. Invade everything and kill everyone that does not accept my rule.
4. Laugh like a mad man.

:D

Yes, I usually like building up slowly. Just for kicks, I like to sometimes try small maps that force me to use the kind of strategy of having to build fast and try to win with just a small army. But big battles with thousands of creatures are so much more fun ... :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 29 Apr 2013, 21:26

I know right XD I did "The Battle of Sexes" it was pretty fun. My tactic is. Only have two armies. And two heroes Because I know the AI likes to make lots of smaller armies I preffer bashing everything with sheer amounts of force. BRUTALITY!!!

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 07 May 2013, 09:11

Get the most of u'r army.

Basically, I don't like the idea of someone being simple fodder for someone else.

Even if it's convenience to do so. As long as it can do damage, it matters.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 28 May 2013, 22:47

Build a hero with expert earth or air magic, logistics and scouting. Have a single fastest and strongest available unit recruited in his army. Venture into enemy territory, attack stronger enemy hero and abuse his army with spells, then retreat or surrender before being destroyed. Do it again and again. Abuse the stupid AI!
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “Heroes I-IV”