(heroes III) Horns of the abyss

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

(heroes III) Horns of the abyss

Unread postby Xdarkon » 28 Apr 2013, 23:54

Hello all B-) I was playing HotA the other day in Russian (i don't know russian but i know the Heroes III interface by heart) So basicly I was thinking of trying to translate the HotA to English because the makers take a long time, Especially when you look at it there really aren't much to translate. But the problem is i don't how to open the files and edit the what is written, (Menu, Creatures, Towns) So if someone told me how to alter this files I would get on it right away. Anyone care to explain or put a link on how to alter the files?

Elots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: (heroes III) Horns of the abyss

Unread postby Elots » 08 May 2013, 21:25

Xdarkon wrote:Hello all B-) I was playing HotA the other day in Russian (i don't know russian but i know the Heroes III interface by heart) So basicly I was thinking of trying to translate the HotA to English because the makers take a long time, Especially when you look at it there really aren't much to translate. But the problem is i don't how to open the files and edit the what is written, (Menu, Creatures, Towns) So if someone told me how to alter this files I would get on it right away. Anyone care to explain or put a link on how to alter the files?
Horn of the abyss is a great addon, that great that me and my friends can't play heroes 3 any longer without it. So, I have been working on a way to bypass or solve the issue of the English translation for a time, and guess what? It seems our Russian friends have been quite lazy when it comes to it. Truth is, most of the things (those that belong to the vanila H3 game) are already there, and the only things that need real translation are the new creatures and objects that have been added by the Russians. If you want to play H3 Hota mostly in English here is what you should do

1. Download the H3 HD mod and install it int the folder where HotA is installed (the folder where H3hota.exe is)
https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/eng/download

2. Download this file extract it anywhere and then install the unpacked contents (it's a self extracting rar archive) to where HotA is installed
http://rapidshare.com/files/3112109766/ ... %20fix.rar

3. Play by starting the HD3_launcher.exe

Good riddance

Return to “Heroes I-IV”