A bug with AI summoming too much elementals

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A bug with AI summoming too much elementals

Unread postby The_new_guy » 17 Feb 2013, 08:48

I got an annoying bug today, i was sieging an enemy castle with only A LOT of dragons inside. i used force field to block my key troops and then he started to summon elementals. normally AI summons like 10 stacks of elementals but this guy got mad and was summoning a new stack every turn. after some time he had like 25 stacks and then at the beginning of his new turn he moved his hand (casting spell animation) and the game crushed. my guess is that he tried to summon a new elemental but there was no place for it and an error happened.

My question: is there any possibility to prevent enemy from summoning elementals when siedging? P.S. i cant kill those summons fast (my forces are too weak) and i must cast force field every second round.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Feb 2013, 14:22

Either attacker or defender can have a maximum of 20 stacks in battle so I think the crash is due to other spell he tried to cast, as dispel or cure.

In SoD the game will crash after a few turns if you have a force field and AI is dispelling it.

Did he summon water elementals or other? It is also possible that there were not enough place if 2 hexes.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 17 Feb 2013, 16:47

I am awared about a dispel/force field bug, this guy didnt have a dispel, i checked it. and yes, he was summoning water elementals, and i think there was no place for an another 2-hexed unit in his castle.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Feb 2013, 22:06

Strange issue, I guess you have to kill them as soon as he summons.

I released a mod for Era which allows playing sod maps in safe wog environment.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... enumber=29
(last post, scroll down)

Basically you have 100% sod game but if problems it can be modded on the fly. I always play sod maps with it, otherwise only 50% of them can be completed, due to various bad surprises. In this case, you could remove summon water spell from his book.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 18 Feb 2013, 17:24

Thanks a lot man!

Biobob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Biobob » 07 May 2013, 20:38

Im just at testing a new map, this mod could be of great help. However, it seems that one is only able to limit randomness (no plague etc.), how can I edit enemy heroes?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 08 May 2013, 16:11

You'd better ask this in HC-erm help thread. SoD mod has an erm file with it, once you open you are able to edit everything on the fly, if you don't know erm at all, I can provide you basic commands (add artefacts, change stats, change army, add/remove spells, skills, remove one object blocking path etc). Then you modify them as you like. Is very handy to test only once a map, instead of starting 1000 times because some AI was too strong.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”