Need help from some skilled H3 players ^_^

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Need help from some skilled H3 players ^_^

Unread postby The_new_guy » 23 Jan 2013, 19:38

Hi! I currently play a famous chinese map "Lord Rings" and i got a serious fight yhere that i cant walkthrough. My way is blocked by a garrison with 3x500 red dragons and i got only 1k harpy hags and some unsignificant numbers of other troops against em. No special magic to deal with em like berserk or force field is avaliable, only basic lvl 1-3 spells (slow, haste, bless, teleport and so on), the battle terran is also very common and i cant hide my harpies somewhere or something. So my question is: does anyone have any suggestons? I heard there are some formations that allow you to avoid enemy dragons attacks but i dont know any. please help!

P.S. i was trying to attach a saved game before this battle but i didnt find a H3 save game folder on my PC 8|

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 23 Jan 2013, 23:03

This is how I did it (resurrect spell required):

I let you figure about the strategy to use. As every chinese map, it requires many reloads, they push difficulty to the point where you can win only if lucky.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 24 Jan 2013, 18:42

very nice suggestion, man, thanks a lot! didnt know that skorpicore's ability works on dragons. and it seems that i found an another solution for that battle - i use 6 small stacks of arhangels and surround dragons so they start killing each other with their breath. 1 dragon stack gets destroyed at turn 3 and then i'm pretty sure its possible to teleport harpies away from the rest two stacks every turn so they can kill em all. i still didnt win that cause dragons move pretty randomly every time but i'm pretty sure its doable that way.

btw you got so many harpies there, on what day did you attacked harrison? i am on m2w2d5 atm and i have only 995 hags.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 25 Jan 2013, 07:12

I don't recall time, but I recall some quests giving free harpies.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=37640

Here you will find a walk-through the map, not very competitive style because was first time I was playing it and was angry because too many reloads needed (I hate when mapmakers set a battle which you can win only if you get morale in first turn). But at least it shows what to do until the last battle.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Need help from some skilled H3 players ^_^

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Jan 2013, 17:50

The_new_guy wrote:P.S. i was trying to attach a saved game before this battle but i didnt find a H3 save game folder on my PC 8|
You should disable file virtualisation to solve that problem.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”