a question about AI in Heroes III

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

a question about AI in Heroes III

Unread postby The_new_guy » 16 Oct 2012, 16:56

Hi! I'm playing a Heroes 3 map "Ira the mage" atm and i got a little problem. in this map there is an enemy hero that u can beat only by luring him into a special place by running next to him with a small army and forcing him to attack. i tried to do so, but that hero ran away instead of attacking (he had like 10 dragons and i came with 1 eefrith so he was obviously stronger in theory). i asked some ppl to help and surprisingly everything went OK in their games (they did the same thing and enemy hero attacked them).

Earlier i played yet another map "Way home" and had the same problem: an enemy hero that was supposed to attack me (confirmed by some ppl, who finished this map) was running away or standing still instead. so my question is: how can it be and what can i do with that problem?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 18 Oct 2012, 07:07

First thing to confirm is the difficulty level. AI behaviour depends on it https://www.celestialheavens.com/24

If you have multiple heroes on these maps, then check that the strong one is not too close to enemy.

If that does not explain, do you have any mods installed?

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 19 Oct 2012, 18:40

Pitsu wrote:First thing to confirm is the difficulty level. AI behaviour depends on it https://www.celestialheavens.com/24

If you have multiple heroes on these maps, then check that the strong one is not too close to enemy.

If that does not explain, do you have any mods installed?
i played on impossible level, others were prohibited on these maps.

there were no other heroes around (on ira the mage map you cant have more than 1 hero)

i didnt install any mods. i played a common heroes3 SoD game, that i installed from an old CD of mine.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 05 Nov 2012, 08:37

bump bump :)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 05 Nov 2012, 12:01

Ira the mage and way home are among the most difficult H3 maps, and tested 100%. If AI runs away, this simply means it is supposed to do so. Bring him down to a last town then the problem is gone. You can also ask in corresponding thread in mapsforheroes, it may help.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 05 Nov 2012, 12:23

thanks for ur suggestion, but i already sent PM's with my game saved before this battle to some people (including a mapmaker herself) and everyone replied that they loaded my game and enemy hero acted properly (attacked them and died). so it doesnt look like i'm doing something wrong.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 05 Nov 2012, 12:29

Then is unsolvable. You should ask them to send you save after battle, so you can continue.

The_new_guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The_new_guy » 05 Nov 2012, 12:37

well... probably i'm using some different H3 version or something like that. is that possible? cant believe no one esle ever had the same situation in game.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 05 Nov 2012, 14:44

There are only 2 candidates for those maps, SoD and Heroes Complete. Try on both then.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Nov 2012, 12:41

The_new_guy wrote: i played a common heroes3 SoD game, that i installed from an old CD of mine.
This made me think that you might not have the latest version of SoD. I do not remember the patch detais and whether it did alter AI, but if your game version is 3.0, then update it. https://www.celestialheavens.com/565

Or reinstall, if you have not tried already.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Nov 2012, 15:40

Yes, he could be missing "Shadow of Death patch, version 3.0 to 3.2"
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”