Best Lev6 unit in HOMM2

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jun 2006, 19:39

DaemianLucifer wrote: 1 genie killing 100 blackies is so frustrating and illogical.
It's magic. And that's why they're neutrals.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 10 Jun 2006, 23:28

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: 1 genie killing 100 blackies is so frustrating and illogical.
It's magic. And that's why they're neutrals.
Not any different from the Heroes V Death Knight though.
And that one isn't even top lvl. creature.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jun 2006, 00:29

Paulus1 wrote: And that one isn't even top lvl. creature.
Both are lvl6. And the Genie only had like a 10% chance.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 11 Jun 2006, 01:09

But Heroes II only had 6 levels. Heroes V have 7 levels.
That's why I said, it's not the top level creature.

And actually it even doesn't even contradict my point, that the Heroes II genies special ability wasn't really that overpowered, compared to what they've added to Heroes V.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jun 2006, 08:14

Paulus1 wrote:Not any different from the Heroes V Death Knight though.
And that one isn't even top lvl. creature.
Never fought them.Like I said,3DO realised this one is a mistake.As well as they realised weekly growth,no FoW,windmill/dwelling collecting only by heroes,chaining is a mistake as well.A wise man learns from others mistakes,a fool repeats them.

Noobie of Doom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Noobie of Doom » 11 Jun 2006, 13:38

DaemianLucifer wrote: Never fought them.Like I said,3DO realised this one is a mistake.As well as they realised weekly growth,no FoW,windmill/dwelling collecting only by heroes,chaining is a mistake as well.A wise man learns from others mistakes,a fool repeats them.
I love so much they added in H4. The skill system, no primary attributes, the skills needed to learn magic, no upgrades(and thus no creatures that are upgrade or DIE), the choices in creatures, all that you mentioned.
Its a shame it didnt do so well and we had to miss out on alot of improvements just for a guarente in H3. And then we add a heaping pile of steamy unplayable graphics.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 11 Jun 2006, 18:14

Noobie of Doom wrote: I love so much they added in H4. The skill system, no primary attributes, the skills needed to learn magic, no upgrades(and thus no creatures that are upgrade or DIE), the choices in creatures, all that you mentioned.
Its a shame it didnt do so well and we had to miss out on alot of improvements just for a guarente in H3. And then we add a heaping pile of steamy unplayable graphics.
Well, those points are totally a matter of taste, and doesn't really have anything to do with favorite lvl 6 creature in Heroes II.

If you wish to join the whining choir about Heroes V, you should head to Ubisofts message board... there are plenty of others with same opinion over there.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 12 Jun 2006, 01:40

I like Bone Dragons since their dwelling is easy to build. It only costs 10,000 and only 5 of each resources, it's much easier to get 5 of each resources than 20 of one resource. Plus Bone Dragons don't cost any special resources. They're low speed isn't a problem since Skeletons have the same speed.

Noobie of Doom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Noobie of Doom » 13 Jun 2006, 21:18

Paulus1 wrote: Well, those points are totally a matter of taste, and doesn't really have anything to do with favorite lvl 6 creature in Heroes II.

If you wish to join the whining choir about Heroes V, you should head to Ubisofts message board... there are plenty of others with same opinion over there.
ok ok, that gets rid of my need to whine anyways.
Afterall, my main complaint is the fact its so laggy i cant realistically expect to play it. So i dont have much right to whine anyways.

So yeah, level 6s. Bone Dragons and Paladins. Black dragons are the best, but the need for extra resourses kinda cuts into my prefrence.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Jun 2006, 21:23

Re: the neverending conflict between the black dragons and the titans; the blackies lose their edge almost completely if you toss expert archery at the titans, and there's no such goodie to be used on the drake.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 13 Jun 2006, 22:20

Noobie of Doom wrote:Afterall, my main complaint is the fact its so laggy i cant realistically expect to play it.
That however, is a totally legitimate complaint, though somewhat of topic here. Maybe your graphic card is too old?

william
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby william » 15 Dec 2006, 08:21

Whoa havent posted here for a while, nice to see that this thread generated some discussion.

Blackies they are alright I guess, but I do not like them, I am much more of the Titan fan.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”