3DO Heroes 3 Complete vs Ubisoft Exclusive Heroes 3 Complete

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

3DO Heroes 3 Complete vs Ubisoft Exclusive Heroes 3 Complete

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 12 Apr 2006, 14:01

Anyone knows if there are any differences between old Heroes 3 Complete release from 3DO and the recent one known as Ubisoft Exclusive Heroes 3 Complete? I really need a fast answer because I have to buy Heroes 3 Complete for one person and I couldn't find the content of the Ubisoft release. Is there a printed manual, or the both releases are just the same.
Thanks in advance :proud:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Apr 2006, 14:06

All I know is that the Ubi version of Heroes IV cannot be patched using 3DO patches, but I have no ideea about Heroes III.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 12 Apr 2006, 14:12

Thanks for fast reply, but I think Heroes 3 Complete already has the final patch, but I wish to know if there are any printed manuals included... etc.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Apr 2006, 14:12

Neither of the Complete versions (for PC) should require patching. I think the only difference may be (but i do not know if it exists) compatibility for online multiplayer games. I do not know if Ubi version has any problems with joining 3DO games... Other than this potential issue, I cannot imagine any difference.

Both should have a pdf manual only. At least 3DO has only pdf.

WFW-PREDATOR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby WFW-PREDATOR » 15 Apr 2006, 10:02

3DOs New World Computing is the orginal version ubisoft just took over and make new versions that cannot be used with 3DOs version
I Reject Your Reality, And Substitute My Own!

Guns, Booze, Women, What More Can You Ask For?

Guard of BH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guard of BH » 21 Apr 2006, 04:29

8| ohhh i didnt know there was a difference in those editions.. i thought only different companies produced the CD's... i think i ordered heroes 3 complete but not sure who made it.... can you tell me if its from 3DO or ubisoft? because manufacturer i think says 3do but they were all shut down long time ago... any ideas?
BH - is the name of the place where i work :)

My pic suits the animal of the year i was born :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”