H3:What do you prefer Undead or Alive(ie morale,cure etc)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Undead vs. Alive

Undead
48%
Alive
52%

Total votes: 23

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

H3:What do you prefer Undead or Alive(ie morale,cure etc)

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 11 Apr 2006, 13:35

This question keeps bothering me for a while now because I like Necropolis a lot but I hate the fact that they do not have morale. Sometimes I think a town that is somewhat weaker than the Necroplolis is still better because of morale.
What do you think is the undead ability all that great to give up the chance for extra attacks?
Think about a creature with no enemy retaliation and great morale : it attacks , gets morale bonus and it attacks again :-D .
Also morale can happen often if you have at least +3, which is not that hard to get.

WFW-PREDATOR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby WFW-PREDATOR » 11 Apr 2006, 13:52

Undead
Have some thriks up my sleeve
I Reject Your Reality, And Substitute My Own!

Guns, Booze, Women, What More Can You Ask For?

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 11 Apr 2006, 13:55

Undead. Morale can be dealt with.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Singapore, Am i the ONLY SG GUY HERE?? Hey we are at least a dot.

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 11 Apr 2006, 14:00

I chooses undead because of many factor

1: The Skeleton factors. Undead can raise skeletons so quick that you WILL be suprise

2: Not affected by various mind spells

3: Their POWERFUL abilities [Eg. Vamps leech and No Retaliation]

4: Undead can affect more living units. If you take into consideration Haven vs Undead, both have 50% chance of winning each other since Haven can deal extra damage to Undead. However if you consider other living units like academy, Undead have a slight more chance of winning.

5: Quite an amount of Undead troops can lower damage[Heroes4] Ghost/Skeletons/Bone Dragon

Conclusion: I have played undead plenty of times and have nv been bordered abt the no morale situation.[Unless Vs Haven]
Haven Knights Rulez After clearing my garbage, i still have that garbage smell on me even after i bath several times. Only until a few days later, i know wat is the reason, im living in a garbage dump.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Apr 2006, 14:08

Undead. There's nothing I hate more than getting bad morale.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Apr 2006, 17:12

Like robbing a grave for treasure :D

Voted for undead

The advantages is more numerous than the flaws as others have pointed out before me.

Nucleon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Nucleon » 11 Apr 2006, 18:31

Surely, undead is an advantage, for the aformentionned reasons.

However, Diplomacy being the real opposite of Necromancy, Nucleon tends to favor Morale, because of the hosp-posh one's army becomes; it,s not so hard, actually, with the aboundance of morale-based items and locations.
(Translated from Silent Speak)

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 11 Apr 2006, 19:09

Both have great arguments behind them, but I'd have to go with living, the morale factor is huge...Sure undead's resistance to mind spells and Necromancy are nice, but the ability to have creatures attack 2 times in a row can change a battle dramatically..

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 Apr 2006, 19:39

It depends. If I'm only going to have Undead (and that's possible in H4, even with diplomacy...), then the Undead part is a bonus- the extra resistances more than compensate for the morale issue. When mixed with other units, those will take such a drop in morale that I would have to be fighting some special enemy (like MG in H3) for the undead part to be worthwhile.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2006, 00:33

"Death for living"

So living are best - all undeads agreed upon that. :D (DarkOmen)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”