Homm3 .. orpg?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
schoening
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Homm3 .. orpg?

Unread postby schoening » 21 Jan 2012, 20:28

Hey people !
I am new to this Forum, but it Looks like the Place to be if youre a Heroes Fan :D

I myself have stopped to be a Fan on the Franchise when Heroes IV came out.. ouch.. what a horrible game.. I bough Heroes V and was not pleased..

Perhaps i am just in Nostalgia, but i don't think so, i am still playing HOMM3 today and still love it!

I am programming in AutoIT but changing to either C# or C++ in the Future..

I always fantasized about a HoMM3 Third Person RPG.
And now that i am learning to programm in a strong language, it would be possible to create one:)

I am not saying in mmo style, but having a server with enough players to make it fun B-)

My idea is that you Choose a Fraction from Homm3, and if you will play a Magic Class or a Fighter Class (You can go Hybrid of course)

The Main objective of the Game is to take over the Map and and make your Fraction the most powerful one. And of course get OP, and a bunch of unique items that drop on defeat :)

The Map:
The map will be split up like a Risk game, and show what fraction is controlling the parts.
Your Hero will travel the map in a rpg manner, by walking(riding) across it, or Teleport, if certain Areas are Secured with Teleporters.
To Secure a piece of the Map, you need to for fill the Areas requirements; Take the Towns, Forts, Castle of the Area.
Once a Area is Fully Taken, it will produce for your Fraction.

The Hero:
You play your hero! He will not be insanely powerfull and can only win by making use of his army. While Strong Mages an strengthen their units with spells, or call upon large damage against the enemies. Warriors can give Morale and Boost the deadly power of their Army.

The Battle:
When you face another hero, you can click him for some information about him. What Units he has(Not directly how many), what level he is. Maybe more..
When you are in Range, you can Combat him, You will Get into a kind of arena mode, that is designed after the Map Area you are fighting in.
You and your enemy will have all your Creatures summoned there on your side of the Battefield. You then start assigning your creatures to who to attack, and cast spells.
Much like a HoMM battle, but in Realtime.
While in Combat, the Map of all other Players from the fractions involved in the fight will show what area there currently is a War in. If any allies of of the combatants is near enough, they may try to "Assist" in the Fight. If the Player that is asked for needed assistance agrees, the Assisting player will join the Fight. Players may also deny Help.

Players may Flee from Battles, but will loose units in the process.
A Fleeing, enemy will be able to choose a re-spawn point from the Fractions Castles and Forts.
A slain enemy will be teleported back to the Main Castle of his Fraction.

Batteling Castles, Forts and the like:
A Castle or Fort works much like a defensive Hero, You will attack him.
The Cool thing about Castles and Forts is, that every Hero inside it will be joining the battle with his troops.

So be prepared for that.

On the other hand, infinite Heroes May Attack a Castle or Fort at the Same Time.

Cities get more powerfull the More Map you take over, so it will be impossible to just run into a City if most of the Area is not taken over first.

Some Ideas :D
Feel Free to Comment!

I am aware of the massive amount of work for this :)
Not one of the people who has no clue about programming and thinks he can just summon a game by wishing hard enough :disagree:

There is allot i haven't covered here, but it is still just an idea.. so that's OK i think:)
(Not covered HOW you get your army for instance) and have not though much about the non pvp part yet)

If you got ideas, gimme!

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 22 Jan 2012, 02:28

if you play a game called Mount & Blade you'll see quite a lot of what you want there. It's a 3rd person RPG where you're the leader of an army and recruit/train creatures, take over castles, do some of the stuff etc. Unfortunately creating a Heroes like game out of it would take a lot, but you can still dream!

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 22 Jan 2012, 20:16

And what about making a HoMM mod for M&B:Warband? It may or may not be easier when you have something to start with. Or maybe another game will be more suitable for such mod.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 22 Jan 2012, 21:14

You couldn't do it without having a proper game developer behind it to be honest. While it's easy to create heaps of humans, and therefore 90% of the castle faction, creating monsters is very, very hard, not to forget completely new flying creatures with animations and spells. All the M&B mods so far pretty much just add humans with different shiny armour and weapon models, which are very easy to do in M&B.

It's just too difficult to do HoMM mod without a lot of support, i'm assuming you're doing 3d. Just getting the vast variety of creatures is very hard, it's the biggest challenge of making a game like it.

schoening
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schoening » 22 Jan 2012, 21:15

klaymen wrote:And what about making a HoMM mod for M&B:Warband? It may or may not be easier when you have something to start with. Or maybe another game will be more suitable for such mod.
I am Learning Unreal Script anyway. Why go for a far weaker engine:)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”