Are there any patches for Homm 4 complete? (solved)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Are there any patches for Homm 4 complete? (solved)

Unread postby wneubert » 09 Jan 2012, 13:33

Before I play I like to make sure I have applied all patches and I searched and searched but could not find anywhere where it said all patches were included in the complete edition.

I know Heroes 3 complete had all the patches already applied, and assume this does too but was just making sure. It's on a DVD from Sold Out Software.
Last edited by wneubert on 28 Jan 2012, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 Jan 2012, 17:48

It does. You know, it's called "Complete" for a reason ;)

wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wneubert » 14 Jan 2012, 21:45

Thanks.

You can never be sure, a lot of the gold and compilation packs do need patched, including my Heroes 5 Epic collection.

Bersaglio
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bersaglio » 14 Jan 2012, 22:13

There is no HoMM 4 Complete officially exists. New World Computing/3DO never released them (never ever). Moreover NWC/3DO never released ever a single game on the DVD.
So HoMM 4 Complete is a 100% unofficial and homemade version. No way there can be patches for such version.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jan 2012, 14:40

Bersaglio wrote:There is no HoMM 4 Complete officially exists. New World Computing/3DO never released them (never ever). Moreover NWC/3DO never released ever a single game on the DVD.
So HoMM 4 Complete is a 100% unofficial and homemade version. No way there can be patches for such version.
That's funny as I am own a Heroes III and IV complete DVD. While published by Mastertronic; it carries the UBIsoft logo. That's about as official as one can expect. It is fully patched. In fact if you own the 3DO Winds of War addon; it came fully patched. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2012, 14:54

Indeed. When Ubisoft bought the rights to the M&M series, they started to re-release the old games in various collections. All such collections were sold fully patched and compatible with new versions of Windows.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 16 Jan 2012, 14:27

Kalah wrote:Indeed. When Ubisoft bought the rights to the M&M series, they started to re-release the old games in various collections. All such collections were sold fully patched and compatible with new versions of Windows.
Which was great for me, as by the time I had a system that could run H4, it was completely gone. I got it as a complete version, fully patched, and without DRM- on one DVD with H3 complete as well. (yes, this is the same mastertronic version jeff mentioned above)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Bersaglio
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bersaglio » 17 Jan 2012, 08:23

If as you say HoMM 4 Complete is the official version then please post link to HoMM 4 Complete readme file from the DVD. I want to see what is written in this readme.
Example: here is the official readme file for Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete (Version 4.0) released September 8, 2000 by New World Computing/3DO.
Added And here is a collection of official readme files from UK and US releases of Heroes of Might and Magic IV (2CD), Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm (1CD) and Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Winds of War (1CD) expansion packs released by New World Computing/3DO (from March 2002, September 2002 and January 2003).

P.S.
...It's on a DVD from Sold Out Software.
That's funny as I am own a Heroes III and IV complete DVD. While published by Mastertronic; it carries the UBIsoft logo.
(yes, this is the same mastertronic version jeff mentioned above)
;)

Irv1n3
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irv1n3 » 17 Jan 2012, 15:39

It seems Bersaglio doesn't want to admit that UbiSoft releases are official.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Jan 2012, 21:12

Irv1n3 wrote:It seems Bersaglio doesn't want to admit that UbiSoft releases are official.
Indeed; the readme file addresses installation, and customer support information as one would hope. The important statement is on the back DVD cover, where it states it was published under license by Mastertonic Games.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

wneubert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wneubert » 28 Jan 2012, 15:33

Hmm, I was watching this thread and got no emails about new replies, but there were a lot of replies. Thanks again to all.

I also believe UBI was involved with Homm3/4 complete. I think they created the "complete" interface and licensed it.

I knew Homm3 was fully patched but just couldn't find it documented for Homm4, but am glad to hear it. I bought the Sold Out Software DVD, but later repurchased from GOG just so I wouldn't need to insert the DVD to play.

Now GOG has the Heros Chronicles collection.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”