[H3] Extracting NWC campaigns maps

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[H3] Extracting NWC campaigns maps

Unread postby Jeska » 02 Apr 2006, 18:25

Hello there,

I would like to know if it is possible to extract and visualize the New World Computing official campaign map files, i.e. from the 6-7 campaigns included in RoE/AB/SoD and also the Heroes Chronicles campaign set.

More generally, is it possible to extract the map files (.h3m) from any campaign file (.h3c) ?

Because I wanted to know if I have missed a particular event texts and storylines, espiecally in the heroes chronicles scenarios which are too easy and quickly completable so I miss some event text planned to be displayed very later in the game and the storyline make a sudden bond when I launch the next scenario... heh.

Thanks in advance :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: [H3] Extracting NWC campaigns maps

Unread postby Pol » 10 Apr 2006, 16:11

Yes.

Use Resedit, then game campaign editor and as last h3maped to extract all text from maps - this option is under File menu.

All Heroes Chronicles Text

Hope that
helps ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 12 Apr 2006, 14:20

I've done what you told but I encounter another problem.

When I open the campaign editor selecting the Heroes Chronicles campaign I've extracted I have a wrong version of the campaign editor, I have the version 6 and the files requires version 7.

Of course I have fully patched my game to 3.2 (even if I doubt the 3.1 -> 3.2 update modify editors' executables...)

Any way to solve this problem ?

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 08 May 2006, 10:32

*bump topic*

Khaelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khaelo » 03 Jun 2006, 19:02

*bump again*

Does anyone know of a similar extractor for H4?
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Jun 2006, 03:00

Khaelo wrote:*bump again*

Does anyone know of a similar extractor for H4?
Some one does, I did it once but I can't remember :(

Added :rofl:
Actually I found it again you need the Extractor/Builder program, you can find a link to it at https://www.celestialheavens.com/157 :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Jun 2006, 15:18

Khaelo wrote:Does anyone know of a similar extractor for H4?
Resedit (mentioned above by Pol) can also be used for Heroes IV.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Khaelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khaelo » 23 Jun 2006, 04:09

Oops, looks like I didn't get around to editing that post. :ashamed:

I tried ResEdit first, seeing as it had been so helpful with H3 files, but it couldn't find anything in the H4 Data folder. Apparently, it only looks at LOD, SND, and VID files. The H4 campaigns are tucked away in a file named heroes4.h4r. I ended up coaxing them out with H4unpacker, listed as "Extractor by DaMaGepy" in Jeff's link. It's also at http://www.heroes.ag.ru/files/zip/H4unpacker.zip.

By the way, Pol's "All Heroes Chronicles Text" link is giving me a file on how to edit random-generated map templates. :??

(These smilies are great. :hoo: )

Return to “Heroes I-IV”