Megom Chronicles Project

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Megom Chronicles Project

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 14 Dec 2015, 21:34

HeroOfPunk wrote:Looks like a new MoS.-like team is forming! You go guys! With all the talent you have combined, it will have great potential!
I do recommend that you all work on all maps though so that you all have the story written in the same "mood" and "feeling". Also, so that the overall gameplay goes together in a good manner! :)
For sure. That would be the problem of everyone doing their own map without much collaboration. The story and gameplay could be disjointed, as well as the gameplay. That's probably why Karmakeld was initially wondering how multiple people could realistically work on the same campaign :D

The story would need to be hashed out really well at the beginning of the project, followed by a break up of the story by map to get the map sizes in a good place.

It might be fun to do a good vs. evil, but explore the evil side of things ;)

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 14 Dec 2015, 21:49

HeroOfPunk wrote:Looks like a new MoS.-like team is forming! You go guys! With all the talent you have combined, it will have great potential!
I do recommend that you all work on all maps though so that you all have the story written in the same "mood" and "feeling". Also, so that the overall gameplay goes together in a good manner! :)
I would rather do opposite - so every one has his unique style and player could distinguish them. I think it would very much benefit the story - every place will be sketched differently so that the story is more realistic. It would be awesome to compare mapmakers styles in one campaign.

It shouldn't take long also. Making Medium map takes max a month. There is one problem - many mapmakers have theirs projects undergoing.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 14 Dec 2015, 21:52

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: The story would need to be hashed out really well at the beginning of the project, followed by a break up of the story by map to get the map sizes in a good place.

It might be fun to do a good vs. evil, but explore the evil side of things ;)
It can be a simple story really. For example we think out of main milestones in the story. For example one milestone is find precious artifact to do something with it. Then for example I get this idea and I must know two things: how it starts and how it ends. The rest I can improvise during creating plot and the map.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Dec 2015, 22:57

Yeah that was my initial thought. Hero, how do you guys split the work load? Oh and do you wanna join ;) on one hand I think it's interesting with 'map responsibility' and what will follow of different perspectives on game play and storytelling, but it's true it might mess up the feeling of being 'one' campaign.
(sorry for not quoting HeroOfPunk and his comment, but that ain't easy doing on your phone)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Dec 2015, 23:10

Well Duzeom, I do think we'd need to agree on some in between milestones to get a consisting story, otherwise I think it might be more like x small stories within the big one. Idea comes to mind, it could be made like WoW or TGS, seperate stories with same start and end?
On a side note, playing and testing each others maps, might help 'unite' the maps.
Duzeom, you want this moved out of your campaign tread?

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 15 Dec 2015, 00:52

Karmakeld wrote:Yeah that was my initial thought. Hero, how do you guys split the work load? Oh and do you wanna join ;) on one hand I think it's interesting with 'map responsibility' and what will follow of different perspectives on game play and storytelling, but it's true it might mess up the feeling of being 'one' campaign.
(sorry for not quoting HeroOfPunk and his comment, but that ain't easy doing on your phone)
It all depends on how deep you go into your planning I would believe! Who knows, you guys may be able to do it, you are all complete map makers. Me and Yurian need to work together because we complete eachother.
I would love to help, just a big question on what part you would need me on! I will have a lot of time for like 1 month haha!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 15 Dec 2015, 08:50

I made a new topic: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/7/15933 go there and don't spoil MC thread :D

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 09 Jan 2016, 08:51

30000 views of this topic! Wow! that's great :hoo:
The new campaign with the enigmatic name MC-LTL is still developed. I have a landscape of map 2 and 3. Now making landscape of map 1 (called by me map 0). Soon more pics :D

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 07 May 2016, 11:52

I started playing your campaign, on champion. First scenario was a nightmare but I managed to finish it. I also finished a second one and it's pretty fun to have 3 thieves and quickly covering map with them. I will write more later.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 07 May 2016, 15:01

Glad to hear that! I hope that You will like it. The first choice of the wand is quite essential. Nevertheless you should buff your thieves heroes because you will need them strong in the next maps.

Regarding the last Megom Chronicles chapter, I am currently on a stop with this project, due to many twists and turns in my life. I was trying to learn how to make scripts with h4util, because doing scripts by clicking is a big waste of time. Maybe the tool which iLiVeInAbOx is developing will help me.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”