Armageddon's Blade in the Campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Armageddon's Blade in the Campaign

Unread postby Korbac » 03 Oct 2011, 11:43

You probably all remember the intro cinematic to the Armageddon's Blade. Gelu, Catherine, Roland and a sharpshooter running to some mountain cave and finding the Blade there.

Well, the thing is - where does this cinematic fit in the story? In the actual campaign you had to defeat Xeron and take it literally from his hands.

My best guess is that during the assault on Xeron's castle he could have put it there just as a bait to get them into some trap before the actual battle. But still... does not make that much sense.

What do you think ?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 03 Oct 2011, 14:30

It was made before they changed the storyline; originally, the three of them needed AB to defeat the Forge.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Oct 2011, 15:16

It is intro for Forge story - that why you have Minotaurs and Goblins as bad guys and Armageddon's Blade is hidden in Ancient Vault.

Also, form Armageddon's Blade map pick-up description:
"Deep beneath the earth, you find a vault of the Ancients from before the Silence. Inside you find a sealed casket, deeply etched with dire warnings. Ignoring them, you break the seal. Inside, you find Armageddon's Blade."

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Oct 2011, 20:31

Hmm, that's probably why it was removed from the Complete version later on. Also, SoD didn't have a custom intro cinematic, or am I forgetting something?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Oct 2011, 13:58

No, it didn't have... which is a shame.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”