Finished Campaigns in HoMM 3

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ghostyx89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Finished Campaigns in HoMM 3

Unread postby ghostyx89 » 01 Oct 2011, 12:38

Hey guys,

i just bought a copy of HoMM 3 complete on GoG.com and I have some issues with the campaigns...

I just completed the Shadow of Death Campaign with Gelu and I wanted to start a new one, but I saw that the Gelu campaign wasn't "ticked". So I loaded my save game where I finished the last mission of the Gelu campaign and the tick was back, but it instantly disappeared again if I left the campaign screen.

So if I finish all the campaigns I won't be able to play these which get unlocked?!

Anyone knows about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 01 Oct 2011, 13:40

First you have to load your Save Game and the campaigns will tick. You then instantly have to pick another campaign and start it, create a save, and that save will remember you've finished the other campaign. If you leave the campaign screen it's like quitting the game.

Otherwise, if you want to immediately play the final campaigns, just cheat your way through all the scenarios with the win cheat and you'll be there in like 2 minutes.

PS. Well done getting this game, The Shadow of Death is the Pinnacle of the Heroes of Might and Magic series. I suggest playing the Crag Hack campaign, brilliant campaign, but either the 1st or 2nd most challenging campaign out of the initial 4 (cause Gem is a useless hero).

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 12 Oct 2011, 01:59

Spin wrote:I suggest playing the Crag Hack campaign, brilliant campaign, but either the 1st or 2nd most challenging campaign out of the initial 4 (cause Gem is a useless hero).
I agree Gem is useless but Crag Hack's campaign was pretty easy. Yog not being able to cast any spells while getting caster level ups of spell power was the only one I would call hard.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”