Heroes 3 Gigamight 2.0 mod Stronghold overview

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes 3 Gigamight 2.0 mod Stronghold overview

Unread postby Artas1984 » 18 Sep 2011, 11:03

Stronghold creatures resized. Behemoths are slightly shrinked. Cyclops, Cyclops Kings and Ancient Behemoths are unchanged. I can't make wolfs 2-hex, i had to paste them into the second hex field, because if they had been left in a 2-hex field, then they "visually would not reach their targets in a straight attack animation".

Last edited by Artas1984 on 03 Oct 2011, 07:19, edited 5 times in total.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Sep 2011, 11:25

This is cool!

I wanted to do this years ago but not so much to really kick in. :devious:

As for sizes, I would probably like more curvacious setup. In other words small units not so small, they are baby size now. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Sep 2011, 16:34

Looks cool. You probably noticed it, the starting point for projectiles is hardcoded, so if unit is smaller than this starting point, the arrows will be launched from outside.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 18 Sep 2011, 17:05

Salamandre wrote:Looks cool. You probably noticed it, the starting point for projectiles is hardcoded, so if unit is smaller than this starting point, the arrows will be launched from outside.
Yes, i have tried to resize the projectiles, and noticed it did not work, so i thought it must be hard-coded.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Korbac » 19 Sep 2011, 13:59

Eeeeh, I don't know, mate. :) Even though the idea is cool, I would not really install it. :) But if other people like it, then - yeah, go for it.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 14 Oct 2011, 13:07

New Stronghold music:

http://artas1984.b4net.lt/games/heroes_ ... ngHold.mp3

(a soundtrack mix from the movie Lord Of The Rings)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”