Looking for great homm3 solo maps

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

Looking for great homm3 solo maps

Unread postby maygwan » 13 Sep 2011, 13:46

Hi folk i am looking to play a few really good solo xl maps. I have some time spare as i have 2 months off work due to heart attack.
I make a lot of maps and i am working on 2 new maps but ive found time to play a few recently.
I normally play 4-8 player maps xl and choose my faction but this past fortnight i have played some solo maps.
First off can i say wayfarer is one of the hardest and best homm3 maps i have ever played. (thanx to benbirds guide i got through this map).
I am looking for similar maps here are some i have played.
wayfarer
jedi story
lord of war
the lone night
vengeance is mine
unleashing the bloodthirsty
goldheart
pen n sword
sanders folly
empire of the world 1-2-3
alexander the great

can anyone recoomend some really good solo player homm3 maps.
thanx
maygwan

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Re: Looking for great homm3 solo maps

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Sep 2011, 16:27

maygwan wrote:Hi folk i am looking to play a few really good solo xl maps. I have some time spare as i have 2 months off work due to heart attack.
I make a lot of maps and i am working on 2 new maps but ive found time to play a few recently.
I normally play 4-8 player maps xl and choose my faction but this past fortnight i have played some solo maps.
First off can i say wayfarer is one of the hardest and best homm3 maps i have ever played. (thanx to benbirds guide i got through this map).
I am looking for similar maps here are some i have played.
wayfarer
jedi story
lord of war
the lone night
vengeance is mine
unleashing the bloodthirsty
goldheart
pen n sword
sanders folly
empire of the world 1-2-3
alexander the great

can anyone recoomend some really good solo player homm3 maps.
thanx
maygwan
There are not so many outside the ones you quoted, proof how hard is to design a top map over years.

To kill for power (SOD)
221 b. Baker Street (SOD)
Thunk (wog)
Vanadia's Freedom (wog)
Kingslayer last map (lost humanity-wog)
Your servitor best map Time of prophecy. :)

And of course, many others, not so complex or enjoyable. But it is a matter of taste.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2011, 16:40

maygwan wrote: i have 2 months off work due to heart attack.
You better remember taking some breaks while playing, drinking plenty of water and resting, sleeping. These are crucial to help your health, immensely important for your heart.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 13 Sep 2011, 17:55

I do rest and sleep panda but when i get some time spare i play a few solo maps. Thanx for the advice.

Valery i have played
to kill for power
thunk
time of prophecy
i have 221 baker on my desktop ready to play lol.
Vanadia i have played i think its an 8 player map though if i remember
I will take a look at the new kingslayer map thanx

Druski
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Druski » 05 Jan 2012, 00:37

One Middle Earth map to rule them all

http://www.celestialheavens.com/search2 ... ion=search

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2012, 10:22

Have you looked here:

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/maps.php

Should keep you busy for a couple of months at least! :D

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 07 Jan 2012, 09:05

A late responce but still:
In my opinion the greatest solo player maps ever made is the three pride maps by Jason Russel (Angelic, Titan and Devils pride).
They are old and made for RoE (they can bug if played with SoD due to wierd artifacts).
I tip my hat and bow deeply to the creater of those wonderfull maps, they really set the standard back then and I find myself playing them at least once a year.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 30 Jan 2012, 09:38

I suggest you to play (if you not played yet):
1. The Uprising - beautifull and tough "island" map, by creator of "Lone Knight"
(Company "Eternal Love" by Hans C. may be will be interest for you too)
2. Campaign against Zeus - difficult scenario similar as "The Empire of the World"

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

a later response

Unread postby cjlee » 31 Jan 2012, 05:06

Agree with u jymbob.

The Pride maps must NOT be played with expansion features or Heroes III complete. There are bugs which screw up the game.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 31 Jan 2012, 06:33

I'm not agree that Pride's maps are the best. I played them all, good maps, but very easy to any advanced player. Try to play really difficult map such as Unleashing the Bloodthirsty or similar - you must support me.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 31 Jan 2012, 17:28

Mn wrote:I'm not agree that Pride's maps are the best. I played them all, good maps, but very easy to any advanced player. Try to play really difficult map such as Unleashing the Bloodthirsty or similar - you must support me.
If memory serves: unleasing the bloodthirsty is the map where you start with the barb Dessa? If so I agree its much harder than the pride maps, but to me that dosent make it better, it just have more saving-reloading. But its a good map surely..

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 02 Feb 2012, 07:08

Always, Pride's maps is really classic, the first interesting maps. But many of new scenarios (so, expansions gives more new...) are most interesting...

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Feb 2012, 13:54

All those maps are great, depends exclusively of player's taste. It is not the difficulty which makes a map legendary, but abstract factors, as unity, design, fluent or not. The Empire of the World by Kispalko are not hard maps, but their design is the best I ever saw. Pride are also interesting. Unleashing is not the best design, but has almost perfect progression between map areas.
To kill for power has an incredible well done story, with an awesome cliffhanger. We are lucky to play today such master works, no need to put them in competition, they are all the legacy of very creative minds.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”