[H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Aenain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?

Unread postby Aenain » 30 Jul 2011, 08:26

Hello,

Does anyone know a way to do this, such as editing the savegame file ? I usually play on Hard, or Normal when I'm lazy, but I now feel that Normal is too easy and I almost never lose on that difficulty. I think I would like to play against Expert or Impossible AI but starting with the same ressources.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: [H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 30 Jul 2011, 13:33

Aenain wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know a way to do this, such as editing the savegame file ? I usually play on Hard, or Normal when I'm lazy, but I now feel that Normal is too easy and I almost never lose on that difficulty. I think I would like to play against Expert or Impossible AI but starting with the same ressources.
I don't know about editing the save files, but if you play WoG, you can disable all WoG features, except for one that sets your resources at day 1. You can then have different resource level / difficulty levels. If you already have WoG installed, then it is a short script to write.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Jul 2011, 18:01

The fastest way is to add one event in editor which gives you on day one what you need.

AI will surely not appreciate the work around!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 31 Jul 2011, 13:25

Salamandre wrote:The fastest way is to add one event in editor which gives you on day one what you need.

AI will surely not appreciate the work around!
The only problem with this is if you want to play a random map (although creating the random in the editor, rather than on the fly can fix this as well)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Return to “Heroes I-IV”